Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 04-27-10, 10:24 PM

stratobee is on a distinguished road
Long range capabilities of 337 and modifications

As I understand it the bog standard early 337 models came with a 128 gallon tank. The later factory long range ones had a 148 gallon from what I can understand.

Aviation Enterprises website says they can fit up to 408 gallons into a 337 and I was wondering where all that would go! Some it seems goes into under wing pods. Anyway, it piqued my interest and I now need to turn to the expertise on this forum for answers.

Can someone explain to me what the modification options are within the wing? What's the capacity one can fit in there at the most? And is it better to go with a wingtip extension combination or something else?

Also, are there baggage compartment aux tanks available like you can get for the single Cessnas? I haven't found any such online, but maybe there's a source I haven't found?

I'm researching the feasibility of getting 1700nm range out of it, which would help her get directly from Shannon to St. Johns or to do the southern Azores transatlantic crossings in the winters. I've calculated that at optimum range (125kts) it would burn about 14 gallons/hr, which would make the total needed around 190 gallons on the Shannon-St-Johns route, with no winds. You want at least 2-3hrs on top of that, which brings you to 220-230 gallons. Now, would that fit into the wings with modifications?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: