Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 09-20-03, 10:15 PM

Jose L. Ichaso is an unknown quantity at this point
Belly Oil...

My 1969 skymaster, s/n 1155, normal aspirated has new overhauled engines with new factory cylinders and only 50 hours flown. However there has been an oil strip from the oil breather of the front engine, in the port side of the cargopod, after any flight that last 45 min. or more. The overhaul shop has performed compression checks to the cylenders with well over 70/80 results, has checked for any pressue inside the block, either with static runups, and flying the airplane with the manometer attached to a hose from a modified oil cap with a hose, with normal pressure results. I have kept the oil level to 7 qts., with a slight better result. Do you know of any better approach to resolve this, like changing the position , lengh or any other way of the breather? Oil consumption before the overhaul was about 1 qt. every 4-5 hours with the same belly or cargopod oil, so I asumed it was because the engine age. The actual oil consumption is about 1 qt for 8 to 10 hours. Can the cargopod, ligthly open cowlflap position, cause any aerodynamic turbulence that could create a vacuun in the oil breather?
Thank you for any help.

Jose L. Ichaso