Pueblo, CO 0 0%
Santa Fe, NM 5 12.82%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Unread 11-13-03, 08:16 AM
Web Master

WebMaster is on a distinguished road
You won't be the first

We are friendly folks, we'll talk to you even if you show up in a V-Tail Bonanza
Unread 11-25-03, 04:52 PM

Richard is an unknown quantity at this point
I vote on OK. An ugly state (oops, did I say that out loud!), but to see Don out there would be WELL worth it.
Unread 11-25-03, 05:12 PM

SteveG is an unknown quantity at this point
This northeastern US resident voted for Memphis due to its central location. The other sites represent quite a hike from New York State. Key West might be nice for the weather but following so closely on the heels of Sun n' Fun didn't make sense. One of the other posts suggested that a high profile resort location might actually detract from the educational and social purposes of a meeting and I think I agree. Although you all are a swell bunch of folks, I would probably choose other company to spend resort time with. Education, conversation and a good meal are about all I would be seeking. I recently paged thru a web site for Gaston's Resort (www.gastons.com) in Arkansas. Some of you may know of it. Although I have not been there, the idea of airport, restaurant, conference room, entertainment and accomodations all on one site seems appealing.
As to the question of preregistration with financial commitment, I can certainly understand the desirability of a known attendence and budget but for some, such as I, the attendence decision will, of necessity, be rather last minute. I would hope some provision for late commitment could be accomodated. Possibly having a minimum confirmed attendence prior to booking a site but retaining flexability as to final numbers.
Whatever the committee decides, I hope to be able to attend again in '04 and see you then.
Unread 11-27-03, 06:41 AM

Rickskymaster is an unknown quantity at this point
The things that must happen to make it work.

1, Someone must take charge and do the work. A committee can be formed to assist in the planning. The reason for the legal entity is to keep the committee from being sued and held harmless. It also assists in getting speakers to come and gives a sense of structure. The meeting is SEPARATE from the board. No one is going to get sued for saying someting, but as soon as you start charging money and people travel to an event, stuff happens and people sue. You crash on the way to the event, I can guarantee that someone is going to enjoin someone with a suit.
The only other way is to sign a holdharmless that at least gives some basic protection but does not offer any guarantees. I for one would not want to see SkyKing in court.

2, Establish a fee for the meeting. The folks doing the planning need to know the budget so that they can make the arrangements. I would recommend that a $100 be donated by each confirmed attendee. I am assuming 25 attendees, more people attending lowers the money needed. This gives the committee some seed money to make plans.

3, Set the location and dates and start advertising to non-members of the board. The current survey shows that Oke City is the leading location for the meeting. I have said before that we need to get the dates set, so we can get it on calendars and advertise it to the non-members of the board. I feel that the guy who steps forward to take the lead is the guy who should make the decison as to the dates.

4. I will be willing to be part of a committee to organize the next meeting if their some protection in the form of an legal entity in place. Otherwise, I will sit back and wait until another idea surfaces and catches on.

In any event, I look forward in seeing you all at the event, wherever and whenever it takes place.
Unread 11-29-03, 12:14 AM

rick bell is an unknown quantity at this point
GATHERINGS - they have been happening from the begining of time. eons ago you just showed up with your bedroll, no resversation, no deposits, if you wanted you did. it requires very little money (if any) to assist a gathering, just a little effort.
if it was to be held in mmsf, i can assure all they yould have a motel room (under 75, most likely 50) a place to meet (at no charge) dinning, fishing and other activies at reasonalbe costs. they would get red carpet treatment on landing and express service through customs, immergration and landing processing. (16 per landing and 8 per day parkng {maybe i can midigate even that}.

great side trips
short strips (if you wish)
lots more (miles of beaches and islands)
don't want to spend any cash?, camp on my beach. remember it's a gathering, not "hotel.com". crap who knows maybe gmas will show? remenber it's about the love of flying, not structure!

rick

Last edited by rick bell : 11-29-03 at 12:35 AM.
Unread 11-29-03, 03:32 PM
Bob

bede1@msn.com is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Meeting

As I see it, I really don't care where it is held. I missed last year but will definetly be there this time. I personally think that the whole thing is being beat to death. To many saying "lets go here, lets go there". I feel lets just go somewhere. It's a time to fly and go somewhere. That's what it is all about. So, what ever is decided I will be there (bar anything tragic happening). Look forward to seeing all of you

Bob
Unread 12-31-03, 09:13 AM

kevin is on a distinguished road
This poll and thread are closed. To make further comments on the April 2004 meeting, please go to this thread:

http://www.337skymaster.com/messages...s=&postid=5376

Thanks,

Kevin
Closed Thread