Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-30-06, 11:09 PM
A&P/IA

FRED-E is an unknown quantity at this point
SAD News

We have lost another Skymaster, N12M. This morrning about 3 am a MAD man broke into the Perry Airport (F22), stol a very large Air Force fire truck and went on a ramppage, totaled N12M & a Cessna 152. I will try to put together the full story and E-Mail it to Kevin soon.
Fred
Unread 07-01-06, 04:19 PM

kevin is on a distinguished road
I am so sorry to hear that Fred. Was N12M your airplane? I hope it was insured, although that will only reduce, not eliminate the loss. And for such a senseless reason....

Kevin
Unread 07-01-06, 05:18 PM
A&P/IA

SAD

N12M was Ken Hollrah's plane & NO there is no insurance. Don Nieser is going up today to look at the plane and maybe bid on it.
I to am very sorry for Ken, and to "add salt to the wound" as it were, I just finished the annual on the aircraft a couple of weeks ago. We can only hope he will purchase another Skymaster !!!!
BTW I will try to E-Mail you the movies I took of the plane.
Fred N358
Unread 07-01-06, 06:24 PM

stackj is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to stackj
Did they capture the 'murderer'?
Unread 07-01-06, 06:58 PM
A&P/IA

Mad Man

He died in a head-on crash with another auto going the wrong way on the turnpike, the other guy is still in critical condition. I sent the hold story to Kevin, maybe he will post some of it.
Fred N358
Unread 07-02-06, 12:36 AM

kevin is on a distinguished road
Fred,

I will post your story on the site, but I am madly preparing for a vacation trip, and may not have time to do it before I leave. So here is the text of your story to satisfy everyone's curiosity, along with one of your pictures. The other pictures, and the video, will be up with the article.

Thanks for contributing it. Article text follows:

This is the story of the demise of N12M. In the early morning (about 3 am) of June 30, 2006 a man (20 years old) was driving along Hwy 77 in a small SUV 6 miles north of Perry, OK, near the airport (F22), when he turned off the Hwy and went through a barbed wire fence into a wheat field trying to get into the airport. The SUV broke down before he got to the runway. He then walked to the FBO, he picked up a 30 gallon trash can an through it through the glass door. He went into the FBO, through the office an into the hanger. Located in the hanger were 2 Air force fire trucks, an Aero Commander, a med-a-vac helicopter (Eagle Med), and a Cessna 337 Skymaster (1975) N12M. Apparently while the overhead door was opening he took a crap on the hanger floor! He got into the large green fire truck with 6,000 gals. of water on board, started it an as he was going forward N12M was on his right, he turned into it pushing the right wing through the wall into the men’s rest room, he pushed it all the way to the right boom, the wing tore off a large circuit breaker box from the wall,. in the process the right wings trailing edge was separated from the fuselage by about 12 ins. of course when the right wing separated from the fuselage both fuel lines were sheered and 75 gals. of fuel run out onto the hanger floor, apparently the circuit breaker box did not cause a spark because there was no fire. Due to the way the booms are attached, the left wing was pushed back leaving a gap between the wing leading edge and the fuselage of about 8 ins. The right rudder was pushed back into the right wing leading edge of my brothers Aero Commander. The MAD man then proceeded out the hanger door to continue his rampage, he turned left an headed for the old round top hanger next door, he rammed the east door and pushed it back into a Cessna 152, the wings were pushed back into metal posts tearing both wings off and caving in the fuselage just forward of the door (totaled aircraft). He then drove to the next hanger an rammed the doors, luckily the Cessna 150 inside was setting fare enough back from the doors it didn’t get hit. He then proceeded to the next hanger where he pushed in that door, again the Kit Fox inside was setting fare enough back to be safe. There is a house setting at the back of the FBO where the med-a-vac “Eagle Med” people stay, the MAD man then drove to the back of the house an tore out about 20 ft. of outside wall and foundation. The people inside the house realized they had a problem, one of the male nurses ran outside with a 2x4 board chasing the man, to no avail, the steering broke on the fire truck after he crossed a 12 ft. deep creak a couple of times. He then preceded back into the FBO hanger, got into the fire chief’s large SVU to proceed with his rampage. At this time the local police came to the airport (the airport is 7 miles from town) and started chasing the SUV. At some point one of the police cars got stuck in that creak, caught on fire and burned. When the MAD man pushed down as many chain-link fences as he could, he ran through the electric gate (gate an chain-link fence has been installed less than 6 months) an out to Hwy 77 turned right to go to the Cimarron Turnpike (toll road) going up the off ramp in the wrong direction for the next 29 miles being chased by the Perry police all the way, he then crasher head-on with another automobile killing the BAD guy and the guy in the other auto is still in critical condition.
No one knows what this MAD man had against the airport on anyone there, no one at the airport knew the guy, he lived with his mother in Oklahoma City, 70 miles from the Perry Airport.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00721.jpg (62.3 KB, 1347 views)
Unread 07-03-06, 08:06 AM
Web Master

WebMaster is on a distinguished road
Fred, sorry to hear about the crazy guy.
Aero News has an article on it, with more pictures.
http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?C...-3034182404f1&
Unread 07-05-06, 11:36 PM

Paul462 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy

Ken,

We're terribly sorry to hear about your plane. This really sucks! It's the most freakish thing I've ever heard about happening to a plane - who would have guessed? Our deepest condolances, and please buy another 377 fast for next year's Fly-In...

Paul

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: