Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-11-19, 09:15 AM

patrolpilot is on a distinguished road
I continue to prep the airplane for its transcontinental purpose as a "Grandkid Getter."

I've had the airplane completely gone through by the IA that has been maintaining it, looking for little stuff, and everything is working well. Even the small things like the synchrophaser.
  • I have updated the databases on the #1 430 with an annual subscription. I will move the current cards to the #2 430W with the next revision. The bummer with that is that the crossfill between the units will not work with different database dates. I had been using #2 as a scratchpad before moving it to #1.
  • My Sandel HSI software is very behind. My avionics guy will get it updated. With the current version, it cannot deliver vertical guidance during LPA approaches. More than likely #1 and #2 will need a wire back to the Sandel as he doubts it has been done.
  • Avionics guy is also going to add a Garmin FlightStream 210 so that I can eliminate the Merrill on the glareshield and push flight plans from the iPad to the 430Ws.
  • I Ran across a heck of a deal on a used Insight Strike Finder. The EHSI and 430W work is a fine time to add it.
  • The 2¼ Turn and Bank decided it did not what to fly with me, I don't blame it. Those little buggers are expensive! $2K!!! I did find a yellow tagged return to service unit for a quarter of that. I will have my current T&B rebuilt and keep it.
  • My mechanic said to start looking for fuel caps, they are at the end of their rope. Done.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: