Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 10-04-05, 01:27 AM

travis is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy AOG!!!! High Voltage

Hi there all,

My latest problem hit me tonight in Florida. Sunday I flew to Deland KDED on a one stop 6.8 hour flight (4.5 over the Gulf Of Mexico) and had only one hiccup over the duration. While in flight the red volt high light came on! As per my POH I turned off the alternators and selected the alterante regulator. This seemed to cure the problem for the moment so I continued. On a flight yesterday I cycled trhought the electrical system and found that both regulators wer working properly but that of the four idiot lights only the high voltage light would illuminate with the test function. I figure that there is a bad diod somewhere that will need to be addressed. However This morning the rear boost pump was verry sluggish so I primed the front engine and used it to taxi to the fuel farm. Later on my way to X26 I lost all charging and had a steady decline in voltage below normal batt voltage. When I landed I serviced the battery (kinda low but not too bad) and noticed that the 10 amp circut breaker had popped. I reset the cb and had a run. At idle to 1500 on the rear eingine I had good charging and was happy. Then tonight Under a large load my runup produced the high voltage light agin and a reading of greater than 33v! I had the time so I tried all combinations of electrical load, alternator and regulators and found that the only constant was that I can control voltage with each alternator with engine speed. I will work more on this later this morning after I wake, but please I beg you I need a wireing diagram and some advise for a 70 337E 38amp Ford? I am currently AOG PLEASE HELP ME.

thanks

_travis