Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-26-04, 01:15 PM

stackj is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to stackj
Skymaster Mialing

I received my card advertising the Fly-in and the web site about 5 days ago. I have not noticed any additional traffic or activity on the web site. Has there been any notable response?
Unread 03-26-04, 01:43 PM

kevin is on a distinguished road
There has been an increase in the traffic on the site (but not huge), and I've gotten 10 or so emails from folks who found the site from the postcard and wrote to say they were glad to find it. I am not aware of any registrations for the fly-in from the card yet.

One of the things that makes it hard to measure is that you are only required to join if you want to post. If you just want to review what is already here, there is no way for me to know you were here except site traffic levels.

Also, in the end, I would estimate that only about 800 cards (from the slightly less than 1200 sent) actually were delivered. A huge number of people do not keep the address in the FAA database current. I am getting 20 or 30 cards per day returned as undeliverable.

I also missed at least one duplicate, so 15+ cards got returned as undeliverable to the same address. Oops.

BTW, Frank Benvin has sent out 69 cards to Canadian registrants, and is donating the cost of the postage to the site. Thanks Frank!

Kevin
Unread 03-26-04, 01:51 PM

kevin is on a distinguished road
Actually, it occurs to me to ask, if you are reading this message because you found the site via the postcard we mailed recently, please respond and let us know. If you would prefer not to register, please email webmaster@337skymaster.com.

Thanks,

Kevin

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: