Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 04-12-24, 10:19 AM

Ryann is on a distinguished road
Genesys STEC-3100 autopilot appears dead in the water

Hi all,

Received the update below from Barry @ Genesys on the status of reaching the 25 required deposits for them to begin the STC process for the STEC-3100 for the 337:

Quote:
Hi,
Genesys never received enough interest in the 3100 autopilot, and I do not see it on the STC roadmap. Genesys doesn't collect deposits; the dealer accepts them. If you have a deposit with a dealer, I would ask them for a refund.

Best Regards,
Barry LeBlanc
Regional Sales Manager
Genesys Aerosystems
One S-TEC Way
Mineral Wells, Texas 76067

940-327-0707
817-215-7600
BLEBLANC@MOOG.COM
  www.genesys-aerosystems.com
Unread 04-16-24, 01:15 PM

mshac is on a distinguished road
Garmin is still looking for 337 owners who will commit to their autopilot. I've been collecting names for them, I have about a dozen so far. No deposit mind you. Just an email saying you will buy one if they bring it to market. PM me to get your name on the list!
Unread 04-17-24, 05:27 PM

ljmolina is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshac View Post
Garmin is still looking for 337 owners who will commit to their autopilot. I've been collecting names for them, I have about a dozen so far. No deposit mind you. Just an email saying you will buy one if they bring it to market. PM me to get your name on the list!
Please add me to the list.
Unread 04-21-24, 11:07 AM

wslade2 is on a distinguished road
I wasn't aware genesys was waiting on deposit. sorry, missed that.

I went by all the autopilot booths at sun n fun. situation is pretty much as reported here.

Genesys has the STC's with legacy systems but "business decision" and is not making those right now. Said to talk to Trio. Trio most talkative but "committed for the foreseeable future on projects". Aerocruze,Honeywell/Bendix King, they have the STC's they have and there didn't seem to be interest or forthcoming process for adding other airframes. Avidyne, didn't really have much to say. They're focused on their IFD's.

Garmin was the most positive saying to add my name to the interested list on their website. (I did that in the past when this popped up previously and have been there for a while).

Fingers crossed and with time, hopefully Garmin will come through.

I don't even have the 400A but the older 400 and it is rotted. Would take alot to get it in shape.

Last edited by wslade2 : 04-21-24 at 11:12 AM.
Unread 04-25-24, 01:50 PM

YankeeClipper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wslade2 View Post
I wasn't aware genesys was waiting on deposit. sorry, missed that.

I went by all the autopilot booths at sun n fun. situation is pretty much as reported here.

Genesys has the STC's with legacy systems but "business decision" and is not making those right now. Said to talk to Trio. Trio most talkative but "committed for the foreseeable future on projects". Aerocruze,Honeywell/Bendix King, they have the STC's they have and there didn't seem to be interest or forthcoming process for adding other airframes. Avidyne, didn't really have much to say. They're focused on their IFD's.

Garmin was the most positive saying to add my name to the interested list on their website. (I did that in the past when this popped up previously and have been there for a while).

Fingers crossed and with time, hopefully Garmin will come through.

I don't even have the 400A but the older 400 and it is rotted. Would take alot to get it in shape.
Would take a miracle, to be precise. I know of but one individual person that will work on them, and have very little experience with them. This is after copious research and phone calls to every name dropped on these forums and elsewhere. Even then, he says he can't get ahold of many of the internals, relying on used components which, of course, are not always reliable.