Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 05-11-02, 04:01 PM
N69S

Bob Cook is an unknown quantity at this point
help / rollers on control column P version

Skyking, GMAS

There was a thread earlier on the UNO board covering the replacement of the rubber rollers at the instrument panel (3) / guides for the control column.

did you mention about machining nylon rollers to fit over the bearings?

Last week I found the rubber sleeve on the floor and on the co-pilots side there are two out of three missing. Guess the cost from Cessna or Yingling is rather high.

Can you please resend the solution. Did you say you had some left over for sale ?

Tnx

Bob

Last edited by Bob Cook : 05-12-02 at 08:42 AM.
Unread 05-12-02, 07:29 PM

SkyKing is on a distinguished road
Hi Bob,

Yah, $90 bucks EACH last time I checked, so that's $180 per column... and then the labor!!

I don't have the article you mentioned and I've yet to get around to seeing if the 1/4 or 3/8 inch diameter nylon spacers with center drilled hole would work as a long term substitute and then do a 337. The bearing underneath the rubber cap has an offset for adjustment and that might be a problem using the nylon spacers.

Maybe take the rubber cap that fell out to a hardware store stateside someplace or a specialty screw shop and see if there's something out there that would adapt itself.

I guess in the meantime maybe a single layer of black electrical tape or fiberglass filament tape applied tightly and overlapped will save the anodized black tube from getting scratched and scraped by the bare metal bearing???

SkyKing
Unread 05-12-02, 07:35 PM
N69S

Bob Cook is an unknown quantity at this point
Skyking/ rollers on control column P version

how about heat shrink tubing?
do you have a p/n for those things.
My manuals are at the hanger.

tnx

bob
Unread 05-12-02, 07:56 PM

SkyKing is on a distinguished road
Bob,

The retainer and bearing assembly (complete) is 1560141-1 for the left and a -2 for the right. The individual bearings are S-2010-3. Looks like the Usable On Codes are the same for the entire P-model serial number range.

Somebody mentioned using heat shrink tubing... think that was a CPA fix. Seems that would work if the thickness was right, and then trim away the excess near the center.

Keep me posted how you manage this one as mine need fixing too.

BTW, want to try 20-meters? Haven't checked the bands but if you're up for it, let's try 14,337.0 Khz. (WA7BZI) You can drop me an e-mail if it's a go.

SkyKing