Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 10-27-19, 06:17 PM

wslade2 is on a distinguished road
one other thing...you can crack the lines from the flow divider to the injectors with tank open and throttle/flow off. see if any dripping. If not, then that's not the source.

in terms of checking pressure, do you mean pressure output of the pump with engine running? I was able to make a rig to do this with items from amazon pretty cheap: the appropriate AN fitting, 30 PSI pressure gauge, valve and tee (to purge the line of air), fuel line from autozone. Hooked it up to line between pump and throttle control. We (A&P and I) had to do this to double check and adjust pressure on the reman fuel pump I recently installed (the old one was leaking).

By the way, pressure with engine off, mixture and throttle closed was "0" as I remember it-so very low even though there is trickle flow when you open things up. For kicks I tried some old physics just now (pressure of a liquid fuel gas column with vertical height from fuel tank to the flow divider-lots of assumptions so don't quote me) and the pressure calculates out pretty close to "0" at the fuel pump coming down from tank. Low enough to allow the flow divider to cut off the flow yet have big trickle with lines open.

Also have you checked your mixture control at the pump to be sure it is going to "full off" position?

If flow divider is allowing dribble out, check for grit/sediment in the system. It could keep the diaphragm from closing. I had a defective screen in the strainer, sediment made it to injectors with some altered engine performance. But if that sediment blocks the diaphragm from closing...drip drip