Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 05-03-13, 09:09 PM

jchronic is on a distinguished road
Progressive Inspection?

Curious if anyone on the site, especially you guys flying the airplane 'for hire,' is aware if anyone has ever set up a progressive inspection program on a Skymaster. With the somewhat unique 'flow' of my primary client's aerial survey program, I end up doing the annual in the March time frame, then their activity ramps up to a peak, and I'm back doing a 100-hour inspection as early as late May sometimes. Then activity ebbs - be nice to spread the maintenance out more evenly over the year.

Thanks -
Joe
Unread 05-09-13, 03:53 AM

sns3guppy is on a distinguished road
You may find that a progressive causes you more problems. So long as you cover everything necessary for an annual, you can write almost any progressive program you like and likely sell it to the FAA. Often with a progressive, however, the frequency of inspections makes it less practical than annuals and 100 hours.
Unread 05-09-13, 09:44 PM

jchronic is on a distinguished road
Point well taken re frequency if they come up...well, frequently, especially during the 'on call' portion of our survey season. But if it could be set up for 1-2 days per month throughout the year, seems to make more sense than doing two practically identical full inspections within a 2-3 month period and then nothing (at least required regulatorily) for the rest of the year...especially from the most important aspect of keeping the airplane healthy.

Anyway, thanks for the thoughts.

Joe