Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Parts For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-06-19, 08:24 AM

frank.oconnor19 is on a distinguished road
WTB: Insight GEM Palmtop Computer

I am looking to find a working, or repairable HP Palmtop with the Insight GEM software on it. I wanted to track some trends on my rear engine. I plan to replace the engine monitor in the spring, but for now, need to download info. Anyone have any leads or ideas?

I called insight, they say they no longer have or support, so the manufacturer is no help.

Please let me know.

Last edited by frank.oconnor19 : 11-06-19 at 08:25 AM. Reason: new title
Unread 01-02-20, 11:44 AM

Gemcom HP

I found a unit, and the software along with a PC card and Card reader that works. Anyhow, is a esoteric combination, but it works, and the data is pretty solid. If anyone is looking for this I might be able to help.

I have an Insight 1200 monitor. In total I invested around $300 to make this work, in my mind worth it until I put in the G4.

Frank
Unread 01-07-20, 09:31 PM

kbecker is on a distinguished road
I have the Gem and the software. How did you interface it with a modern computer?

Kevin
Unread 01-08-20, 07:36 AM

Hp and Gem

Kevin,

I did it old school. The issue is getting the PCMCIA card to interface to your computer. Almost impossible. So I change the media. I purchased a PCMCIA to PC Card adaptor,about 15 dollars. Then I found a 64MB PC Card. BTW. This was tricky. Need to be old enough to work with HP and new enough to be read by newer windows computer. I also puchased a multi format card reader, one that can read a PC Card. From there it was pretty easy. You put gemcom.com on the card and run it from there. You have plenty of available space for files. To transfer files to computer, remove the card from HP and read directly on the windows computer. The ASC files created in the expand mode are then imported as CSV into Excel. Start at row 18 and note that the data includes headers. You are welcome to call me if you want. 917-648-3839

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: