Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 09-12-03, 08:10 PM

Mitch Taylor is an unknown quantity at this point
Moderation

Kevin:

Just wanted to say thanks for your efforts in keeping this board free of the kind of garbage going on in the Skymaster newsgroup. It's too bad people can't just be quiet when they don't have anything nice to say.
Unread 09-13-03, 12:02 AM

kevin is on a distinguished road
You're welcome Mitch. We're happy to have you here...

Kevin
Unread 09-15-03, 11:38 PM

Francisco is on a distinguished road
Kevin runs a greate web page. Why go anywhere else to hear people insult oneanother. The sad thing is that it hurts all of us.
I unsuscribed.

Francisco

Last edited by Francisco : 09-16-03 at 08:43 AM.
Unread 09-16-03, 07:33 PM
Administrator

Ernie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
Here's a little something for those of you still subscribing to the Skymaster Newsgroup, if one of the other subscribers starts disseminating too much garbage:

"May the fleas of one thousand camels infest your crotch and may your arms be too short to scratch."

Ernie
Unread 09-17-03, 02:19 AM

hewilson is an unknown quantity at this point
SOAP vs. Skymaster newsgroup

I am reminded of one of those old chilhood adages at which I once scoffed but which now, as an (pseudo)adult and parent, I now find more true than ever: If you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing at all. I unsubscribed quite a while ago precisely because of the poor behavior over there. Where does that anger come from?

Hugh
Unread 09-17-03, 08:18 AM
Owner 337H N337DC

Dale Campbell is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Dito

Thats the reason I quite going there. I did not like the bullshit.
Dale Campbell

Last edited by Dale Campbell : 09-18-03 at 08:03 AM.
Unread 09-21-03, 01:38 AM

SkyKing is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Censorship

Censorship is perfect for the Bushnakoff New World Order folks so that the millions of previously free-thinking minds can be controlled by the few at the top in order to control the flow of information and thought processes. Censorship of what really happened on 9-11 has wrought war and destruction on thousands of innocent human beings who comitted no crime.

But hey, if you want censorship, who am I to tell you that you might cut your nose off in spite of your face, or that you can't see the forest for the trees, or that your grandson or grand daughter might be used, abused or killed as cannon-fodder for George W. Bush's war on terrorism? Those who are "unaware of being unaware" will always remain unaware... until someone picque's their mind.

Mostly I see folks who are afraid to engage in a good argument... and sometimes a good argument is a good way to clear the air. Especially when it comes to a family of Skymaster owners and operators, each with an ego and each with a certain set of unique individual characteristics. If we impose censorship, we destroy that individualism and character that was previously unique.

Everyone has an opinion, just like everyone has an orifice besides their mouth. But an opinion, in order to be valid, must be based on some verifiable and provable facts. Sometimes opinions are held up as being the truth when just the exact opposite is the case, a falsehood.

Some like to create arguments just to create discension in the ranks. Yep, there certainly might be some bullshit from time to time, but there are trouble-makers in any crowd and it takes sorting out of the bad apples from time to time... just like when family members argue.

Hey, look at the times we live in... today, it's commonplace for a 15-year old to call 911 if mom spanks the kid for shoplifting. And what happens? The cops come, arrest mom for the spanking and take her to jail. Meanwhile, the 15-year old goes to juvenile hall. Isn't that breaking-up the family? Yep. That's not the way society has worked over the decades.

In my minds eye, censorship is for pussies, a/k/a/ "girly-men" parading around with inflated expert ego syndrome that are nothing more than neutered wusses.

SkyKing

PS

For the Rush-Limbaugh crowd... the word is "DITTO", or dittohead.
Unread 09-21-03, 11:24 AM

hewilson is an unknown quantity at this point
Speaking for myself, there are two general reasons I prefer this site.

First is content. This is a site defined by an interest in general aviation, specifically, the Skymaster aircraft. There are plenty of web sites on society and politics that all of us are free to visit should we choose. But I don't come here for that. I come here out of Skymaster interest and so it is nice to find the content I am seeking without wading through other unrelated topics.

Secondly, I enjoy civility. Disagreement is natural and welcome but can be done with civility and without insults or bombastic proclamations. My background is in the sciences where disagreement is not only acceptable but encouraged. I've participated in many a lively debate on rounds and at conferences. But no one likes to be spoken down to or offended as happens not infrequently elsewhere.

So I prefer this site. My $0.02.

Hugh
Unread 09-21-03, 08:45 PM
N69S

Bob Cook is an unknown quantity at this point
civility

Reduced "clutter" sure makes a difference !!

Bob

Unread 09-23-03, 02:02 AM

Francisco is on a distinguished road
Wink

A bar of soap, would have done the job quiet nicely on that group.

My $2.40 cents LOL (cheapes Avgas I have found)

Francisco