Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 02-21-06, 05:37 PM

mikec_myron is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down 337B gear doors not closing in flight

Ref: 1967 337B skymaster . This is an intermittant problem. Gear works fine for a year then back to the old problem.
Upon gear retraction, in flight, the amber gear up light will come on momentarily then go out. The handle remains in the up position and has to be manually returned to neutral. The doors stay partially open. No problem on gear down cycle. I don't have this problem when jacked up and mule is used. I've checked the two main gear uplock switches and they are good. The nose uplock switch is a pain to get at so haven't varified it yet. My guess, after a lot of thought, is the nose gear uplock switch being intermittant. I checked rigging and good contact with switch.
Any Ideas ??????????
Unread 02-21-06, 07:47 PM

Frank Benvin is an unknown quantity at this point
Check your brake lines. I lost one of my clips that hold the brake line to the gear leg. I was worried about the line getting hung up so I tie strapped it to the gear leg. After selecting gear up the doors would not close. I flew it home with gear down and my mechanic replaced the clip and gear worked fine again. I assume the line was interfearing with the switch.

Frank
Unread 02-22-06, 04:57 AM

Pete Somers is an unknown quantity at this point
If you have checked the the switches on the main gear and the rigging is ok. The nose gear switch is the only thing left, but check the condition of the wiring in the nose bay. This could be a intermittant problem wiith the door solnoid.

Pete