Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 09-28-02, 09:39 AM

jcthomas is an unknown quantity at this point
HI!

I have been reading the info on the wx info. I have been talking to my avionics man and he is sold on the Echolflight system. He also told me that the unit has been adapted and adopted by Garmin to integrate into the 430 and 530.

I am interested in the product because I fly with a Garmin 295. What I found interesting is the fact that the unit incorporates a GPS system with all of the Approach Charts, email, airport diagrams and whatever else one needs.

If you go to their site, you can download a very interesting demo which gives you the ability to play with unit.

The reporting is every six minutes for the latest info. The cost is from 5.95 for three hits up to 49.95 for unlimited hits. I think this is correct. After you reach your limit of contacts, it is $1 for everyone thereafter.

I am going to check out the info youall have been kind to offer. I am novice with some of this, but thought I might add to the discussion what little I know.

I have been thinking about UPS and Garmin systems and learned that the present UPS system will never have the capability to do vertical nav.

John