Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 11-24-04, 09:38 PM

Jose L. Ichaso is an unknown quantity at this point
Flying to Angel`s Fall

There is a company that every January organize private plane flying trips from Palm Beach thru many island in the Caribbean and Angel`s falls in Venezuela. You can have more information at:http://www.airjourney.com/?fuseactio....detail&id=27.
(not any comercial interest)

I have been three times in Canaima (were the indian town and lagoon and airstrip is) and the closest point to the 3000+ ft.falls, about 25 miles from it. Believe me, this is one of the most amazing landscape you will ever see, and to have and idea, this table mountains( 3000 to 9000 ft) are one of the eldest rock formation in earth, with unique erosion rock tops with vegetation and insects and anphibs unique in the world only found in this mountains.
This area of more than 7.000.000 acres is part of the Canaima national park, embbeded just with part of the Venezuelan amazonian rain forest and the Gran Sabana, a huge rock core sabana with and altitude of 1500 to 4500 fts.
You can have an idea of the landscape from Disney`s Dinosour and Spielberg`s Aracnofobia films, were the outdoor footage was film from here.
I am attching some photos from the falls and the camp from my last trip about a month a go, and 260 miles south of my home airport Barcelona.
If anyone is going to come down here, let me know to joint you down to Canaima or my Caribbean shore hometown.

Regards,

Jose L. ichaso