Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-10-21, 03:07 PM

Kim Geyer is an unknown quantity at this point
we have 4 autopilot systems we have removed over the years. Ill see if the boss wants to part with them
Kim
Unread 05-11-21, 12:28 PM

wslade2 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the updates!
I haven’t dug into my autopilot yet as working on hydraulic issues
The s tec numbers are something of a stunner
But, I have kept my 182 and it has s tec system 50. Good wing leveler and will track course after lining things up. Not as capable as the 55 but point is s tec may have some less pricey alternatives....
But still “stout-ish” as will involve new install.
Unread 05-11-21, 02:24 PM

mshac is on a distinguished road
I've got an S-Tec 60-2 in my P-model, fully coupled, with GPSS steering, electric trim, and an Altitude/VS preselect indicator. S-Tec will gladly sell you a new one today, and its got all the right paperwork.

You don't have to wait on Garmin to get a new, modern AP in your Skymaster.

Last edited by mshac : 05-11-21 at 02:30 PM.
Unread 05-11-21, 03:03 PM

TomM is on a distinguished road
stec

The problem is that for us early model owners (pre D) there are only 3 stec systems STC'd for us......the 40, 50 and 65. You guys with the new models are approved for all of them except for the 3100. The system 65 is outrageously priced and you have to find a place for the roll and pitch computers. I cant imagine that would be a viable installation at all unless you are dropping the money for a brand new Reilly.

I would still like to think (dream) that there will be a lower cost option for us, but being realistic about it tells me that it will probably remain a dream.

My avionics guy said would be around $22k to $24k for a system 50. $13.5k for the unit and the rest installation.
Unread 06-06-21, 11:07 AM

cessnadriver is on a distinguished road
Smile Navomatic 400

Hello ALL.
Update on my navomatic 400 challenges. Was called by the Mayday Avionics, which is repairing my 400, saying the autopilot was fixed!!! YEA!! Shipping it out next week. I'D LIKE TO PUBLICLY THANK TOM M FOR DONATING his servos, which was the major hang-up for repairing my system. Although it took quite a while to get my autopilot fixed I'm finally on the path to re-installing my system. I think I have all the cabling the previous owner CUT OUT so I'm soldiering them back together. I have to wait till I have the autopilot components to finish that process. The shop charged a reasonable price for the repairs, $2300. I figure about another $1000 for the flight test/rigging. I did have to purchase new AI and DG due to a back order of the bearings for those instruments. AQI avionics which I sent the instruments to offered to sell me NEW instruments for $1500 which is only $300 over the cost of the overhaul. FYI, Mid-Continent quoted $5100 to overhaul the instruments. The new AI is color coded with 5 degree pitch increments. I'm planning on installing a G5 digital AI in my six pack and install the new steam gauge AI, which drives the 400, on the right panel.
Thanks again, Tom M.
Regards.
BILLS
Unread 06-07-21, 08:14 AM

TomM is on a distinguished road
That is great! They were headed for the landfill, so I am glad you were able to use them. Seems like a reasonable cost to get the system up and running. On our own we are of limited resources, but a group like this makes owning these planes much more bearable.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: