Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 05-16-20, 05:40 PM

weebyf15 is on a distinguished road
Rear alternator falls off line

have dual paralleling alternators and my rear alternator keeps getting kicked off line after airborne for 15 minutes or so. I have a digital installed front and rear voltage and amp meter and have noticed they start diverging in amperage and then The rear goes off line. It typically resets but will fall off line quicker after each reset. The front always stays on line. I turned the front off today to see if the aircraft would run on the rear. I was able to fly about 1 hour before the rear dropped off line. This is much different than than with the front is on line with it. I have already replaced both voltage regs to trouble shoot this: same problem with the new parallel regulators. Any ideas of where to go next? Could it be the circuit board or the 70 amp diodes and heat sinks mounted to the fire wall? I’m at a loss. If any ideas please help. Thank you
Any ideas out there
Weeby
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg E6D36040-6C0E-440F-876F-11C529A2209C.jpeg (671.6 KB, 1837 views)
File Type: jpeg DF8D939B-9C5E-49FA-AC83-DAD527EF2EFE.jpeg (107.1 KB, 1341 views)