Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 12-06-05, 08:20 AM

kevin is on a distinguished road
AIRMET for turbulence for website this week

Our web hosting provider is moving data centers. This means the numerical internet address of the site will change (the "IP" address). Nothing will change for how you access the site, it will still be available as www.337skymaster.com or www.337skymaster.org.

But for some period of time toward the end of this week, the site will "disappear". I'm sorry this has to happen, it is just the way things are sometimes. If you try to access it, you will get "DNS error" or "site not found" or "unable to contact www.337skymaster.com" etc.

By December 15th or so, I hope everything will be working correctly again. I actually hope it will only disappear for 24 to 48 hours, but since my provider is moving everything from Boston to New Jersey, well...I just want us all to expect a little downtime.

If you have trouble reaching the site, or want to reach me for any reason during this period, please use the email address below:

kevin@catapult.biz

Sorry for the interruption in service.

Kevin
Unread 12-09-05, 10:12 AM

kevin is on a distinguished road
The site turbulence starts now. I would not post any long messages that you will not be willing to repost until at least Monday 12/12/05. The database server is being migrated, the DNS is changing, and you may find yourself able to post a message, but it might go to the "old" database server, and be lost...

Please keep your belts fastened low and tight...

Kevin