Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Unread 07-14-11, 12:32 PM

iswap is on a distinguished road
I don't think the CLT restriction is issued anymore; you get a standard MEL even if you're getting the rating in a Skymaster.

I agree with the suggestion made above, i.e., get the MEL in a standard multi-engine airplane first for less aggravation. I believe they have Duchesses/instructors at Livermore, San Carlos, and Reid-Hillview.

There used to be a 337 parked at Livermore, one at Concord, and one at Reid-Hillview. You might want to see if they are still there and ask if they'd recommend a CFI specifically for the 337 if you decide to train only in the 337.

Anton Sabev at www.pilotratings.com might be able to help you, too. I have used Anton for many years and he is a great instructor on almost any airframe, working out of the greater Bay Area airports and flight clubs/schools. Phone was 650-776-4435 (don't know if that's current.)
Unread 07-16-11, 01:36 PM

rhurt is on a distinguished road
Centerline Thrust Rating

The FAA removed the centerline thrust rating for a few months, then brought it back. I took my MEI instrument checkride in a 337B in Jan 2010 and the flight examiner gave me the info.

There was a little challenge finding a designated flight examiner who would do the 337 checkride though, and that may be worth checking in your area.

The CLT checkride is pretty straightforward, and basically covers the same material as an aircraft checkout.

I would have to travel for the instruction, use vacation time, etc, so it would be expensive. Sean Nelson (lives in Nashville) may be more available but would have to travel also. He graduated from Embry Riddle a few years ago and has plenty of time in pressurized and normally aspirated skymasters. (615) 881-1248