Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 12-26-02, 04:52 PM
Bob

bede1@msn.com is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up New P337 owner

Hello everyone,

I use to be an owner of a Queen Air, was a great airplane but EXTREMELY costly to operate. Purchased a 1973 P337 about 2 months ago and have flown it about 28 hours so far. Must admit that every time I get out of this bird I have a grin from ear to ear. It is the mostpleasent aircraft to fly and is it fast. I recently had a 280 knt ground speed at 17K on a return trip from Oklahoma. Operating and maint costs are about 1/3 of my Queen Air and about 80 kts faster at 1/2 the fuel. The cabin room is less spacious but sitting in the pilots seat who cares what is behind you? Just have to say it is one fantastic airplane. You others out there that think the maint repairs are high, just by a Beech product and the Cessna parts will look like a sale.

PS: I have posted a pic of my plane

Bob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg n3cp-ext.jpg (38.6 KB, 1096 views)
Unread 12-27-02, 04:42 AM
TAS (Thin Air Seeker)

Jerry De Santis is on a distinguished road
New skymaster

Hello Bob,

You really have a nice looking plane. I am on my second Skymaster and sure do like them. Have you noticed we are planning a Skymaster meeting in the Nashville area in April. It is FREE and you can learn a lot more about your plane by meeting other Skymaster owners and sharing experiences on maint. etc. See the Calander section of this web page for details. Hope to see you in Nashville.
Cheers
Jerry
Unread 12-27-02, 08:46 AM
N69S

Bob Cook is an unknown quantity at this point
the "P"

Congrats Bob

Good choice

I am sure you will find lots of support on this site. There is a lot of "hands on" experience here and owners that are willing to share their experience.

Likewise I have had other larger aircraft in the past and for two to four people the 337 has a "leg up". You become spoiled. And........ the only thing you really miss is the "potty".

Welcome to the "club"

Bob