Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 06-05-05, 06:35 PM

Richard is an unknown quantity at this point
Back in the Saddle Again!

Hello from the grave!
First, let me let you know that yes, I did get myself into some trouble with the FAA.

Someone who has intimate knowledge of the FAA system, called into the Washington D.C. tattle tell line and reported me. It is a hassle to say the least, however, I must say that the FSDO director and team are really nice people. Despite there position in this matter, they do describe this person who reported me as a real, genuine a__ hole. So, that leaves us only to speculate. They would like to know who this person is as well. For whatever reason I don’t know.

Here is an update and a few hints to our new project(s): This did nothing but fuel my passion for getting what I want. So, I bought Owen Bells fiberglass Skymaster fuselage. We are using (2) LS1 v8’s with custom made PSRU’s. Rear one is 6” longer to extend the prop away from the body a little more. Props are 4 blade electrics. The fuselage has been stretched 18” longer, to make for more leg room. There is NO radiators of any such on the front. Hmm, you say. There is only ONE scoop for the entire plane. Both radiators, intercoolers, and condenser are located in one location. Leaving the front extremely streamlined. Rear engine only is supercharged. Idea behind this: Feather the front prop during flight. (Each engine is rated @ 400hp) Regular unleaded can be used. Custom ECM…. Etc. Completion is set for early next year. All components are undergoing 3d model and design, as well as FEA for bearing loads, fatigue, temperature and harmonics. All parts are CNC’d for accuracy. It’s ALMOST everything I could ask for in a personal plane. Skymaster safety, economy, and simplicity. I’ll get some pictures to the site in the next few months.

As for the trouble with the FAA. They are working with me. Not really and issue. I just feel bad for the person who feels he has to regulate everyone else. They probably are really lonely and not liked by many.

The LS1 is becoming an extremely viable option in aviation. It is the first automobile engine ever designed to be run at 100% 100% of the time. GM really did a marvel on this one.
Unread 06-05-05, 11:21 PM

J.T.Grant is an unknown quantity at this point
Dear Richard,
Good luck with the project and sorry to hear about your troubles with the FAA.
A number of us were trying to get in contact with you with regards to the parts that you had/have for sale.
I could use the engines if they are still available.
Please call 205-799-1716 any time.
Regards
James T Grant