Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 03-03-04, 03:19 AM

Richard is an unknown quantity at this point
Check valves on turbos

Ok. Help me understand the logic here. You have check valves on the pressure side and drain side of the turbo. The purpose, or reason for such device is because the turbos are lower than the sump they need to have the oil stop with the stopping of the scavenge pump. So that you don't get a nice pool of oil in your housings. So..... The rear turbo is setup nicely. One check valve on the pressure side.... check..... one larger -8 flapper style on the drain.... check. Move to the front turbo. Got the check valve on the pressure side... check.. Drain side... wait a minute where is it... oh... here it is, but it's above the turbo. 20" of -8 hose and then.... Doesn't that make the check valve higher than the turbo... yes it does.... So. What's the purpose in that? Oil will still drain back into the center section of the turbo since the oil that is in the drain line will slowly make it's way down... right? I can understand the check valve not being able to handle the heat if lower, but it doesn't seem to serve much purpose in that location. Maybe this one is messed up. You tell me.
Unread 03-03-04, 08:39 PM

SkyKing is on a distinguished road
Talking Answer...

Hey Richard,

Ergh, I mean "Borris"... at least I think that's your a/k/a, you'll find the answer to your question posted over on the other one, here: http://www.skymaster.org.uk/ --- just click on the message board.

Glad to be of service.

SkyKing