Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-28-11, 06:24 PM

robw is on a distinguished road
Assistance needed in Denver area

Earlier this year we sent one of our engines to New Firewall Forward in Loveland for overhaul and (unfortunately) also paid them in full in advance. The engine is way overdue for return but they are not answering telephone calls or responding to emails and I am getting a very, very bad feeling about it.

Can anyone give me a contact in the area who might be able to help us? I guess an attorney with some experience in aviation would be ideal.
Unread 06-28-11, 10:26 PM
Administrator

Ernie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
From their website, boss seems to be Mark Seader. The shop is in Loveland, which is in Larimer County. Checking property records you find out Mark lives in Fort Collins:

SEADER, MARK E/DEBBIE L
737 MCGRAW CIR
FORT COLLINS, CO 80526

and an online phone search finds:

Mark E Seader
737 Mcgraw Cir
Fort Collins, CO 80526
(970) 282-0030 and (970) 282-0031

Why not try calling him at home? Maybe the shop closed early for July 4. If no answer, do the same for other listed managers: Tom Lawson, Frank Szymanski, Tom Ehresman.

If it all goes south, I had a good experience once using a distant attorney I found online.*

Good luck,
Ernie

* I was running a jet-engine company in Miami, bought a jet engine from a San Diego company, and a couple of weeks after the closing (i.e., after delivery and full payment) the seller claimed the engine had accessories that were not part of the sale and that we had agreed to take them off the engine and return the accessories to them. It was a total fabrication but they sued in California, figuring they'd squeeze perhaps $50,000 from us (out of a $500,000 sale) instead of burdening our senior management with the distraction of distant litigation. Once we hired local counsel, they folded. Thorough vetting of the attorney is critical and your ircumstances are different but going local is the right move.
Unread 06-29-11, 09:57 AM

Walter Atkinson is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by robw View Post
Earlier this year we sent one of our engines to New Firewall Forward in Loveland for overhaul and (unfortunately) also paid them in full in advance. The engine is way overdue for return but they are not answering telephone calls or responding to emails and I am getting a very, very bad feeling about it.

Can anyone give me a contact in the area who might be able to help us? I guess an attorney with some experience in aviation would be ideal.
An aviation attorney in Denver is Rick Durden (also of aviation writing notoriety).
Unread 06-29-11, 05:24 PM

robw is on a distinguished road
Ernie & Walter,

Thanks to both of you. Took your advice and got hold of Rick Durden. Seems a very pleasant and approachable fellow and he has agreed to look into it for me.

I will post the eventual outcome.
Unread 06-29-11, 08:14 PM

Walter Atkinson is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by robw View Post
Ernie & Walter,

Thanks to both of you. Took your advice and got hold of Rick Durden. Seems a very pleasant and approachable fellow and he has agreed to look into it for me.

I will post the eventual outcome.
Good luck and I hope it's nothing more than a misunderstanding.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: