Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 03-06-20, 05:25 PM
Administrator

Ernie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
Help with EGT Probe and a Suggestion on Fire Extinguisher

1. I'm having trouble finding the EGT probe that is clamped on the exhaust pipe of the engine, feeding temperature to the EGT gauge. Looks as shown in the picture below. Cessna PN is C668501-0110 (the PMA version is Alcor 86156 but it's no longer made). Any info would be appreciated. Aircraft Spruce sells an MM-112 but not sure it works. Thanks.

2. In a post years ago I suggested Halon hand-held fire extinguishers for the cabin, as being far superior to the conventional powder extinguishers, which make a mess and impair visibility to the point where it's hard to fly the airplane. They are expensive, however, with $213 being the lowest for a suitably sized unit (Halon is no longer manufactured so these items use reclaimed Halon). That led me to investigate Halotron units. They seem to perform like Halon units but at lower cost. I was focusing on a Buckeye 70258 on Amazon at $141 until I found it at WebstaurantStore.com for $87. At this price you should consider it if you either don't have one in the cabin or have the powder type.

Ernie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 337 EGT Probe.jpg (15.4 KB, 941 views)