Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 07-20-03, 11:51 PM

skymaster is an unknown quantity at this point
redressing nose strut

Howdy:: Just retd from first mt. flying. went to jackson hole , cody and riverton wyoming. our 73p nose strut lost its seal and will not inflate. maybe i put it out during urbulence above 160 or held it on the runway too long. density altiude was 10k. unfortunately i decided to leave parts book and repair manual at home. thought it would save some lbs. maybe someone has recently resealed the strut and has a parts list. we made it back to the Goodland Ks ranch and will be here until friday. it would be nice to fix it right the first time. Our local fbo is competent but i would like to know more about this from someone with this problem and repair procedures. thanking you in advance, james henderson
Unread 07-21-03, 12:00 PM

o-ring

mechanic says o-ring probably failed going from 100 degres to 40.
Unread 07-21-03, 04:22 PM
N69S

Bob Cook is an unknown quantity at this point
o ring

Yes........ a four dollar "o" ring. You need a mechanic to change it as it requires fluid, pump and an odd shaped schraeder valve adapter.

Should be careful when manouvering as it will fail if tug stops too fast when pushing back, or the angle is too acute when turning.

Could be temp as well, however, I am guessing it is ground handling. Should always carry a spare.

(happened to me)

regards

bob
Unread 07-21-03, 05:21 PM
A&P/IA

FRED-E is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Nose Strut

My guess is TEMP. Having said that the strut assy should be removed and all the "O" rings replaced. Now that you are in Kansas, how fare are you from home ( you didn't say where you were from ). If you just need to get home, put in more 5606 & air it up, it should be hot enough in Kansas for the old "O" ring to work. If you come across Oklahoma stop in and see us Perry airport (F22). If I can help let me know, but not after Saturday, I am going to Oshkosh Sunday (7/27/03).
Fred N358
Unread 07-22-03, 01:01 PM

strut

appreciate your kind reply. mechanics are repairing. sometimes know news is good i really enjoyed wyoming. except for my 9 year old puking and my 12 year old praying every time we bounced. thursday i promised them a cabellas shopping soiree. Cabellas picks at the sydney neb apt. my wife had enough. she hopped sky west @ cody. Fred i pass over perry ok enroute from txx gulf coast to goodland. our gooddnd ranch mangler has a low time p210 he needs out and would look at a trade should anyone have interest. he has a judment he needs to settle up on. friday heading south. cannot say enough about the jackson hole and wyoming . its easy and long runways.