Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 09-04-13, 12:18 PM

L.A.kevin is on a distinguished road
mechanical fuel gauge with cork float? PN 19528-02

Hi Folks,

A brief introduction and question here... I’m an engineer working for a company in Chatsworth, CA that manufactures and overhauls legacy aircraft products. We purchase or license products from other companies that don’t want to deal with the hassles of low volume products.

We purchased some product lines from a company and one of these products, PN 19528-02, was formerly sold as a fuel quantity gauge for the Cessna 337. It was sold with an 8130 PMA tag and the application was listed as for the 337. However, I can’t find any reference to it in any Cessna 337 resource. I understand that the cockpit has an electrical fuel gauge for each of the four tanks on the Skymaster, but this mechanical gauge is something that I can’t seem to find a position for on the aircraft. The company we brought the product line from does not have anyone there that knows about the gauge.

I’m working on a system safety assessment for this product, as part of a PMA package submittal, and I need to know:
• the position of the gauge
• if it is read only during preflight
• if it is merely a backup

This gauge is mounted on the wall of a fuel tank. It has a cork (!) float and it turns a gear that is coupled magnetically to a dial that's external to the tank.

If you have any ideas about those questions, it would be appreciated if you could let me know. My company is dedicated to providing legacy products to the general aviation, older military, and older civil transport communities, and you’d be helping us keep a supply of these parts available.

Kevin Seiler
Unread 09-14-13, 11:47 AM

JamesC is on a distinguished road
Landmark Aviation

Kevin you might want to give Jody Johnson a call at Landmark Aviation at KSYR.
They seem to know Skymasters well and did some great work overhauling the fuel system on my P337H.