Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 03-14-04, 10:45 AM

Kevin B is an unknown quantity at this point
Test flight

My partnes and I test flew a 1976 P337G yesterday. The plane seem to perform well. With some concerns:

1) The auto pilot was inop can it be repaired or do we need to replace $$$? It is a 4000A. It held altitude but not heading.

2) The gauges for the oil pressure on the rear eng was inop unless you pushed on it then it worked, and the fuel gage for the left tank was inop. Can we repair this cluster?

3) The one mag on the front eng needs repair

4) There seems to be a vibration in the rear seats during the climb out but in cruise it does not exsits. It seem like there is a buzzzzzing or vibration on the seat bottom cushion. Is this typical of the rear during high angels of attack?

5) My big concern is that there is oil all over the belly and rear eng cowling. It was wet to the touch. Has any one found a way to prvent this. Is this normal for the Skymaster. There are 2 notes of the rear eng crank case having been welded. Once during the overhaul in 1987 and once in 1995 I think. How do we know if this case is a heavey case or not. it has a total of 540 hrs on it. The rear turbo has never been overhauled but the waste gate and some the the componens have. Anny Idea what an turbo over haul would cost?Both engines devlope full power with no trouble

Any input would be a great help!!!
Kevin B

The balance of the plane is in excelent shape