Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 04-18-09, 05:22 PM

aldoradave is on a distinguished road
Circuit Breaker ID

N84E (73 P337) is in real nice shape yet the CB panel markings are mostly unreadable. So much so that I really can't identify any of them. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to remark them, get a silkscreen from Cessna etc.?

Thanks,

Dave Dillehay
Unread 04-18-09, 10:37 PM

cessna02337 is an unknown quantity at this point
Contact for Circuit Breaker Panel

I used a company called Nimbus to make another panel, they did a great job.

http://www.nimbusaviation.com/

hope this helps...T
Unread 04-19-09, 10:29 AM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
Circuit Breaker Panel

Just completing my interior and I used a label maker which in the short term looks fine but I am expecting to have to possibly replace some of the labels in the future but this is very easy to do. Definitely the website in the post above would be a more permanent solution.

http://www.337skymaster.com/messages...0&d=1235666061

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years
Unread 04-19-09, 01:20 PM

aldoradave is on a distinguished road
Dear Herb,

Could you possibly send me a photo of yours, or a drawing so I at least know which one is which. Mine is a 73 P337, are there differences in model years?

Dave Dillehay
Unread 04-19-09, 01:37 PM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
Mine is a '68 model which is pictured in the link on my previous post above. Yours is very different than mine but the label maker would still work. I can get you a better picture next week as I am out of the country right now. Here is the type of label maker that I use and these have several different types of labels, fonts, colors, etc. They work really nice and I use mine in all kinds of circumstances.

http://www.brotherlabelmaker.com/products.htm#1

You can buy them at all the big box office supply stores.

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years
Unread 04-28-09, 09:34 PM

FOXTWO is on a distinguished road
Hello to all,

I recently purchased my first Skymaster (O-2A 68-11016) and have been studying this forum ever since. (Great Site) While I had originally planned on reviewing all the previous topics prior to making my first post, I thought this thread was a good opportunity to introduce myself and one which I could contribute some insight.

My company, Woodway Sign Center, has been supplying aircraft graphics for over 10 years, including fabrication of interior placards. As Herb mentioned, a label maker will initially give you a nice product but they will wear quickly and do not holdup well to cleaning products. Silk-screening is also a possibility, but the high setup costs make it extremely expensive for relatively small quantities. An alternative is to have a Lexan overlay made. These are the type of placards you find pasted all over airliner cabins. Since the copy is reverse printed on the backside of the clear Lexan they are completely protected from wear and/or damage.

Lastly, another alternative is having the labels thermally printed on clear adhesive backed vinyl. Though these will have a longer life than the label marker, they will not be as durable as the Lexan.

Most local companies should be able to fabricate these for you. However, since most CB panels are specific for an aircraft (changed by +/- instruments & avionics), I recommend supplying them with a sketch of your panel which contains specific dimensions, nomenclature & placement, special cutout, etc….. Or, if you would like, I will be happy to fabricate one for you.

Though I plan on placing a better post in the “Service Providers” section of this forum, let me quickly list some of Woodway’s additional aircraft services & products – I apologize if inappropriate.

 Custom Paint Scheme Design
 Interior / Exterior Placards
 Reproduction Aircraft Logos (Make & Model)
 Authentic Military Markings
 Decals & Paint Stencils
 Custom Logo / Nose Art design & more

Thanks,

Phillip Fox
“FOXTWO”