Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 01-01-10, 09:44 PM

tkirklindale is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hharney View Post
You are preaching to the choir on this website. Most of us (98%) have the bug and love the airplane or we would not be here. I think it's the greatest aircraft in it's class that has ever been built. Most women really like them too because they are safe, visibility is great from the cabin, easy to enter and exit, comfortable, etc. I can't imagine doing what you have already accomplished and give up. You obviously must have some passion for the Skymaster or you wouldn't be were you are today. Don't give up now, push on.

Here is the only real problem I see, you going to have $75K into a '65 A model and in today's market you can buy a nice late model for that kind of money that already has what you want in avionics. But you're already into this one so keep it up and make it the airplane you've always wanted. It is the greatest airplane you will ever own.

Let me make a BIG suggestion, you need to read this message board. There is so much info here that it will help you make the decision. You can search any topic and remember this site goes back to 2001. Then plan to attend Sun N Fun this year in Lakeland, FL April 13th for the SOAPA meetings. You can see, hear and talk to owners from all over the country.
thanks i have read it every time i had an issue and it has really helped me out. and i think im going to keep it and fly it till i get sick of it the wife told me i can spend the moneys to do the avanices but she put me on a budget of $12500 any ideas of a good shop close to texas