Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Parts For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 12-27-06, 11:05 AM

Jack Dick is on a distinguished road
Rear Prop for a 337G 1975

Hello All,

A couple of Months ago I purchased N20EC a 1975 Skymaster from Dave in Mn.

I have had the worst luck with my rear prop. After getting the plane back to it's new home at D38 Canandaigua NY the first time I flew it (for about an hour) I noticed a fair sized chunk out of the rear prop. The damage was caused by a bolt which had hit it and left the impression of the bolt head on the back edge of the prop. had the prop repaired and O/H at the same time. I had thought that I had picked up up some junk from a taxi or runway. I again flew the plane and after the flight saw another small but detinct chip min the bade. This time an A&P was able to correct the minor problem. I had the rear panels pulled and found a broken exhaust clamp bolt had been the cause of both incidents. After the repair and a good inspection of the rear engine compartment went flying again. Well as luck or bad luck would have it after landing there was an even bigger chunk out of the prop than both the other times put together. The blade can not be repaired. I have 3 questions for you folks who have owned 336's or 337's for years.

1/ does anyone have a prop for sale.

2/ Have I had just plain bad luck in the last 3 flights.

3/ Is there an STC for anything to stop the crap comming out of the back if it breaks, such as mesh covers.

The Skymaster has been a dream for many years and I must confess that if this a recurrent problem, my love for the plane could disipate.

Thanks folks.

Jack