Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-07-23, 03:36 PM

Cglencross is on a distinguished road
Genesys 3100 - Autopilot

Spoke with Barry Leblanc at Genesis.

They are willing to do a STC for the 3100 if:

Approximately 25 customers with $5000 down AT A DEALER and they would start the certification process.

Pricing would be

$25,000 for the 3100 as a new install (+install fees)
$12,900 for an upgrade from 55x to the 3100, factory re-worked and warrantied servos.

Which, I believe (correct me if I'm wrong), is more than the Garmin installed price as that is typically about 18000 and you would also need to include 5000 for GI 275......but at least they are entertaining us....and we could still work with other avionics manufacturers instead of being locked into the Garmin world (which admittedly is a pretty good world).

If people are serious, let me know and we will see if we can push this forward....other wise, we should continue to push Garmin.

Chris
Unread 02-08-23, 01:49 PM

I just got this from Barry,

"Hi,

All of you own a Cessna 337 model. I am looking and gauging interest in a 3100 option. If you are interested, please read the following.

I am not sure if you know each other, but emails came in at about the same time. I am interested in your thoughts, and please reply.

The 3100 AP would be an outstanding bargain to get the benefits of a fully integrated digital autopilot, especially considering the additional safety features it will bring. The upgrade price will depend on the installed equipment for the aircraft owners with an S-TEC autopilot installed. Upgrades start at $10,995 retail.

The POH can be located at: https://genesys-aerosystems.com/prod...control-system

The most significant benefit of submitting a purchase order (early) is extending the 2-year warranty to 3 years for all new parts from the factory. Also, we are offering a 2-year warranty on any currently installed S-TEC servos. No matter how old they are. We ask that you send your servos back for a free checkup, modification status update, or repair.

The extended warranty offer is only valid until we gain the STC. Once that occurs, the regular warranty period will be offered.

Do you have a Dealer to work with to submit your purchase order? You can locate a dealer from the link:

https://genesys-aerosystems.com/dealer-locator

Genesys Aerosystems S-TEC 3100 autopilot STC process is determined by which model owners express interest.

I need 25 committed owners that place a 20% deposit with their S-TEC/Genesys Dealer.

If you are interested in helping secure an STC spot for your airframe, please respond to Barry.LeBlanc@genesys-Aerosystems.com.

The STC program would not start until we have 25 owners. Upgrades start at $10,995 and Full up systems at $25,995

Don't hesitate to get in touch with me directly with your questions.

With Best Regards,

Barry LeBlanc

Genesys Aerosystems
Regional Sales Manager
One S-TEC Way
Mineral Wells, Texas 76067
M: 940.327.0707
F: 940.325.8808
Unread 02-08-23, 02:28 PM

Ryann is on a distinguished road
I have my Genesys dealer setting up the 3100 purchase order and deposit now, sounds like I'm #3 of the 25 needed for Genesys to pursue the STC. I have no autopilot at all in a 1975 T337G (the original Cessna 400 series autopilot was removed altogether about a decade ago), and with the 60-2 being end-of-lifed at the end of 2022, I wasn't looking forward to the 55X being the only practical remaining option.

I last pinged Max Unruh @ Garmin on November 7, 2022, and got this back:

Quote:
Hi Ryan,

The Cessna 337 is on my "extended" list of aircraft that is always changing / moving around. So the short answer is that there is hope for the 337 someday. Unfortunately I cannot provide a timeline for you as this is all dynamic.

I would also encourage you to try to organize other Cessna 337 owners to do 2 things:

1. Please visit your Garmin dealer and let them know that even though its not certified - that 337 owners are anxious for a Garmin autopilot. This feedback generally makes it back to our Regional Sales Managers and then gets passed up from there.
2. Please have your 337 owners logon to the Garmin GFC website and volunteer their aircraft / log interest. This is a way to "vote" so to speak for your aircraft. The Website link is:

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/forms/a...certification/

Finally, let's find out how the Piper Seneca does with GFC 500. To this date it is the largest / heaviest (4750 lbs) aircraft that we've attempted certification on in the GFC 500 realm.

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions,

Max
-Ryan (N255)
Unread 02-08-23, 03:10 PM

As per your email, I suggest we all register our planes with garmin too and pressure both sides.

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/forms/a...certification/
Unread 02-08-23, 04:57 PM

I'm dropping off a deposit check at my Genesys dealer this afternoon. The latest Email reply from Max Unruh @ Garmin a few minutes ago:

Quote:
Hi Ryan,

We do things a bit differently. We don't require a minimum number of deposits per se although knowing the numbers helps with our picture of overall demand.

Up to this point our tactic has been to follow the "demand" curve. The 337 is one of those aircraft where there is sufficient interest but the question is more of a when question. When will Garmin work through the numbers of aircraft that are above the 337 in priority. How long will it take to get there? I cant honestly answer that question. Our overall pace of GFC 500 approvals has slowed down a bit but we are still chewing through new certifications.

In other news I've recently changed positions and am no longer the dude at Garmin that does the priority list. We are interviewing a candidate next week and it will be in his hands to coordinate the troops in regards to what the GFC 500 priority list is and where the 337 falls.

Max
-Ryan (N255)

Last edited by Ryann : 02-08-23 at 05:01 PM.
Unread 02-09-23, 09:20 AM

I have another 2-3 guys (one has a 55x already) and they are willing to put in their $$ if we can get enough.

We are now up to 6-7 people....15-18 to go....

Chris
Unread 02-09-23, 12:42 PM

corybehl is on a distinguished road
STEC Dealer

I'm Cory.

I manage an avionics shop in Southern Oregon. I just wanted to let you know if you are looking for a shop for the 3100 AP, we have done an STC for the 3100 for STEC already and are very familiar with the system.

We are already working with Ryann for the install once it is available.

www.bakeravionics.com
541-507-1007
3S8
Unread 02-09-23, 01:22 PM

mshac is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by corybehl View Post
I'm Cory.

I manage an avionics shop in Southern Oregon. I just wanted to let you know if you are looking for a shop for the 3100 AP, we have done an STC for the 3100 for STEC already and are very familiar with the system.

We are already working with Ryann for the install once it is available.

www.bakeravionics.com
541-507-1007
3S8
Hello Cory, and welcome to the board! Thanks for joining.

The STC you did for the 3100, was it for a 337 or another aircraft type?

Will look forward to more posts from you!
Unread 02-09-23, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshac View Post
Hello Cory, and welcome to the board! Thanks for joining.

The STC you did for the 3100, was it for a 337 or another aircraft type?

Will look forward to more posts from you!
This was on an Aerostar 601P. I have requested we do the STC for the 337 as well. Trying to get Ryann's to be the first one done.
Unread 02-13-23, 08:55 PM

B2C2 is on a distinguished road
HI Cory. I have a 60-2 installed in a T337D. Do you have a swag at the upgrade cost from that autopilot to the 3100? Is it similar to the upgrade from 55X or a full install is needed?
Unread 02-14-23, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2C2 View Post
HI Cory. I have a 60-2 installed in a T337D. Do you have a swag at the upgrade cost from that autopilot to the 3100? Is it similar to the upgrade from 55X or a full install is needed?
It would be the full install as the install is different.
Unread 02-22-23, 02:20 AM

3100 stall

Hey friends. If you are considering the 3100 for your skymaster please talk to your local genesys dealer. I don’t want you to lose out on this opportunity. I can be that dealer if you want. You would just have to bring your plane to Southern Oregon for my team to install it if it’s released. Last I heard there were only 5 people across the country that put money down for the install.
Unread 02-26-23, 02:47 AM

I suspect getting the word out to 337 owners is the biggest problem with getting more deposits. I'm contemplating mailing all the registered 337 owners in the US to try to get the word out. Cglencross is similarly looking at contacting the Canadian 337's.

Some interesting stats, while sifting through the FAA aircraft registry database to find all the 337's, there are currently 649 of them registered in the US. One is missing a name/address altogether (presumably that one is government owned), and another 22 have mailing addresses in other countries.

Here's a breakdown of how many US-registered 337's there are by FAA-designated model code:

FT337GP = 1
337 = 48
337A = 58
337B = 40
T337B = 19
M337B = 34
337C = 32
T337C = 15
337D = 43
T337D = 7
337E = 20
T337E = 6
T337F = 4
337F = 23
T337G = 117
P337 = 2
337G = 98
P337H = 33
337H = 10
T337H = 24

Reims FT337E = 1
Reims F337F = 1
Reims F337G = 3
Reims F337H = 1
Reims FT337GP = 7
Reims FTB337G = 1

-Ryan

Last edited by Ryann : 02-26-23 at 02:50 AM.
Unread 02-26-23, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryann View Post
I suspect getting the word out to 337 owners is the biggest problem with getting more deposits. I'm contemplating mailing all the registered 337 owners in the US to try to get the word out. Cglencross is similarly looking at contacting the Canadian 337's.
73 aircraft registered in Canada.
Unread 06-19-23, 01:43 PM

Shanmoon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by corybehl View Post
Hey friends. If you are considering the 3100 for your skymaster please talk to your local genesys dealer. I don’t want you to lose out on this opportunity. I can be that dealer if you want. You would just have to bring your plane to Southern Oregon for my team to install it if it’s released. Last I heard there were only 5 people across the country that put money down for the install.
Any update on the number of people who've put down money for an install? I'm looking at replacing my Century IIB autopilot next year...

Classic Searey and Skymaster 337D owner

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: