Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 03-09-03, 11:49 AM

Question Stc To Replace Fact. Egt Guage W/jpi,uea, Etc.

Hello Everyone,

Looking for some help. i want to replaceb the factory EGT guage in my 73 P337 with a JPI EDM 760, or an ultimate engine analyzer US-8A. No room in panel for anothe guage, have new UPSAT stack plus second navcom, plus full co-pilot instruments. My avionics guy says JPI is not STC'd. Wondered if anyone knows of a field approval or STC for replacement of the EGT guage. Hope someone can help, Thanks in advance. Email me @ savagepilot1@netzero.com, or call me at 716-937-6527 days.
Unread 03-09-03, 04:50 PM

Mark Hislop is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not familiar with the JPI, but I have a GEMS 1200 which was STC'd as a replacement. I don't think that the GEMS has as many bells and whistles as the JPI, but it has everything I wanted....individual selectable digital readouts for each EGT and CHT, individual readouts for TIT, analog bar for each EGT and CHT on every cylinder visible at all times, alarms, and leaning. I have had two GEMS units in two different aircraft (my 73 P337 and a Seneca II) and they have always worked.

Mark
Unread 03-10-03, 08:57 AM
N69S

Bob Cook is an unknown quantity at this point
re EGT

Mark

The EGT (economizer guage) is not mandatory as it does not have a VALUE or a RED LINE. It was an option, therefore, you can install any EGT guage with a 337 form.

The JPI 760C is a great guage and has very fast response for probes. I installed it in place of the economizer guage.

fyi

bob
Unread 03-10-03, 07:41 PM

Replacement Of EGT guage in 73 P337

Thanks for your info Bob. I will confirm with my A&P and avionics guys (always suspicious of good news or common sense when it comes to upgrading or modifying a plane). I will probably install the JPI, because of its additional (more accurate than stock guages) info and alarms. Thanks again!
Unread 03-10-03, 07:49 PM

Thanks also, Mark.
I'm happy to hear I have the Gemini as a good alternative option if the JPI can't be done. Thanks for your help!