Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 08-21-21, 05:06 PM

Timcote1960 is on a distinguished road
9/17/21 Skymaster Fly-in To Nh Is On!!!

All,

It's been about a year since I proposed this date for an pick-up fly-in to my glorious boyhood state of NH in Autumn foliage time. Upon announcement there was much enthusiasm and I counted 10 Skymasters that expressed interest. Well, Covid has churned on much longer than any of us would have thought, but I always kept the date hard-wired.

The place is KLCI in Laconia NH, on the shores of Lake Winnipasaukee. There will be at least three skymasters there; I own two (one flies and one is having double heart surgery) and buddy Dave from DC remains a stalwart. My own lakehouse will be a focus of activities but the rooms are mostly full (maybe I could squeeze another pilot in on an inflatable bed.

Hiking the surrounding mountains, taking boat rides on the lake (including the famous Mt Washington dinner cruise are in the plans. Swimming if it's hot

No fee, just get a room and rental car and show up. Who is coming?

Tim Cote
N122WB and N639GC
Norm Asp 337G N122WB
Unread 08-23-21, 12:49 PM

Skymasterdriver is on a distinguished road
My skymaster is still under the knife, it’s been slow going but I’m wishful that we have it going in a few more months. Don’t look to promising for it to made the skymaster gathering.
Unread 08-26-21, 09:55 AM

NH Fly in Sept 17 Weekend; Dinner Cruise on Lake Winni

Hi All

Our small gathering of 337s at KLCI is taking shape. I am going to go ahead and buy tickets for the Dinner Cruise of the Mt Washington on Lake Winni for Sept 18, 6-8:30pm $60 each. Who wants me to buy them one?

Tim
Norm Asp 337G N122WB
Unread 08-29-21, 10:24 AM
TAS (Thin Air Seeker)

Jerry De Santis is on a distinguished road
Flyin

I sure wanted to and planned on attending, however I am now scheduled on an Horor Flight to Washington, D.C. On the 18th. Hope you guys have fun and pray you all will be safe!
N34EC
Unread 09-03-21, 02:46 PM

two weeks to go NH 337 flyin

Sept 17 we are on. Will post pics. If you want to be in them (pretty leaves and lake as backdrop), plan now.
Norm Asp 337G N122WB
Unread 09-10-21, 09:34 PM

Fly to NH next weekend?

Looks like it's going to be a small gathering of 4 couples. Thought I'd share this planning email if anyone else wants to make a spontaneous decision to come next week:

Dina and I are both so excited to be hosting this little 337 fly-in next weekend. Unless unexpected folk show up (I will make one more blast on the 337 forum) we are looking at four couples coming into KLCI, Laconia NH three birds. The two of the couples are coming together in one plane from KVKX in MD to KLCI and they will be staying at our place on the lake in Moultonboro NH. Joel and Lisa will be flying all the way in from Oklahoma City, staying at a hotel in Laconia (Laconia and Moultonboro are about 30min drive apart) and have their own rental car. Speaking of cars, I have two: a jeep that holds 5 and a little ranger pickup that holds two or squeezes 3.

I thought I'd share some thoughts about what you might expect we will do:

-Friday September 17 everybody arrives at KLCI and gets settled. Beginning say 4pm we are hosting a BBQ by the lake at our place.

-Saturday morning after a simple early breakfast we can divide into two groups:
*those who want to ramble among the shops and cafes of the charming towns that dot the lake's region (notably Sandwich with its galleries and cafes and Wolfsboro which claims to be the first resort town in America). This group will be led by my wife Dina.
*The second group of those wanting a bit of exercise will have a morning hike along the trials of Castle in the Clouds (https://www.castleintheclouds.org/), led by me.

-Saturday Lunch the two groups rejoin in Wolfsboro for lunch in one of the fine eateries there.

-Saturday afternoon we idle and chill out. Maybe nap!

-Saturday evening is the big event: our dinner cruise on the Mount Washington. This is a quintessential NH experience that I am ashamed to say I, a native NH boy, haven't ever done myself. We will correct this ommission!

-If we have the energy, Weirs beach offers a tacky but sweet beachside arcade. My parents dated playing skeeball here, so I owe the place something.

-Sunday morning we are planning to host a final brunch before folks think about flying home.

We have multiple additional ideas that might fit in depending on interest and time:
-I'd love to get folkout on The Winni in my 17' Boston Whaler.
-The Loon Center is here in Moultonboro. It's a tiny nature center devoted to these fascinating creatures which you are sure to see/hear here.
-We could rent/play "On Golden Pond", that classic film about this region.
-We have an indoor fireplace and and outdoor fire ring

Oh, here is our place on the lake, where I'm writing from at this moment and where you'll be coming:

https://www.redfin.com/NH/Moultonbor.../home/88241595

In short, it's going to be a great weekend. As in flying, the weather will drive a lot of it, but I'm sure we will have a great time.

Tim and Dina
Norm Asp 337G N122WB
Unread 09-11-21, 01:40 PM

mshac is on a distinguished road
Wow, I'm so impressed with the planning and thought put into this gathering. It looks beautiful, and I really wish I could make it. I even have a good friend nearby in Portland, but I just can't get away from my responsibilities.

Maybe another time.

If any of you ever find yourself in the DFW area, look me up!
Unread 09-18-21, 11:33 PM

TimJ is on a distinguished road
Great night!

it was nice meeting new people. hopefully more people next year. Thank Tim for setting this up.