Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 10-06-05, 09:16 AM

KyleTownsend is an unknown quantity at this point
I had a problem with the overvolt tripping out earlier this year on my 76 P337. If I recall correctly, my service manual says that it should trip at between 31 and 32 volts. It was actually tripping under 31 volts. Per the recommendation of the Cessna Pilots Association, I had it set to trip in the upper part of the range (about 31.8 volts). I haven't had any problems since.

I know your system is somewhat different than mine, so I don't know if this helps. I would suggest looking in the service manual, seeing where it is supposed to trip, and setting it in the upper end of that range.

If you have the Zeftronics regulators, I would doubt that this is your problem. I would save replacing regulators as the last step if all else fails.

If you have a circuit breaker that is popping, then your problems clearly go beyond what I have mentioned. I would lean towards trouble-shooting that first.

The only other thing that I would mention is that, if your alternator drive couplings haven't been tested fairly recently (search the forum for my detailed post), then I would check those as well. A slipping coupling can produce all sorts of insidious problems that are extremely difficult to diagnose.