Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 05-14-04, 11:34 PM

travis is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Contact!!!

Hey there all.

For the last several months (or the past year if you will) my 337E has been slumbering in an anesthetic haze in my mechanics shop just off the airport grounds.

Before I bought her she had a blown front engine. You see I find that the best way to get an a/c for cheep is to break it then offer the owner an unreasonably small amount of money for it!!! Just kidding. (Yes I was flying solo when it happened)

Today when I went to investigate why I hadn’t heard from my mechanic I was very pleased to find that he was there and he had indeed breathed new life into my plane, the engines were running! There is nothing like seeing a plane that has been covered in dust for a year, tied to the ground under full power. Even now it brings a tear to my eye!

Tomorrow afternoon (hopefully) N68T will take to the sky again under new management.

My work has included overhaul of engine and prop, Air Wolf oil filter kits and M20 air oil separators.

I will be replacing windows all-a-round, paint and interior, and of course upgrading the panel (GMA 340, GNS 430, KX 155A, an HF rig (as yet to be determined), a fuel computer and options for GTX 330 with TIS, GDL 49 and of course the WX 500. This will all couple to the S-Tec 50. I will keep the Apollo 2001 and the King LORAN for backup)

I am thinking about Owen Bell's wing extensions and AUX (AUX) tanks for the increase in weight and endurance. That ought to get me across the pond and back if I don’t like the weather on the other side.

At any rate if around 1600 CST the sky feels a little different or you hear a big boom send me your best!

_travis
Unread 05-15-04, 06:35 AM
Web Master

WebMaster is on a distinguished road
That is great news!! Congratulatons
Unread 05-16-04, 10:41 PM

travis is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Well it flew!

That was the highlight of the evening. And there was no need for the FD!

However there were several things that need attention so she will not be up for my weekend in D.C. this week.

As I sat in the aircraft I was really struck by two things. There are may systems onbord that are common on the rest of the 300 & 400 series Cessnas. And my interior is literally falling appart! The former was the most shocking of the two.

_travis