Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 07-25-11, 07:51 AM

rhurt is on a distinguished road
Great thread!

I have some questions to add:

Walter stated: Turbocharged engines are more efficient at higher MPs than lower MPs.

Do turbocharged engines have lower BSFC than NA engines (LOP, 65-100% power)? What boost pressure is most efficient?

What is ICP?

Why not run LOP on climbout, after the initial power reduction?

In my NA, conforming (via GAMI) IO360 engines, how many degrees LOP should I run?

I usually fly WOT at 9-10k', running 2,500 rpm. Should I run 2,600 rpm or more when operating LOP to get my power back?

GAMI uses a cost effective method of tuning the F/A ratio by adjusting each cylinder's fuel flow to match the air flow. But the cylinders are not all producing the same power. Is it not most efficient to tune the intake airflow and exhaust gas flow so that all the cylinders will run at the same airflow, create the same power and also have the correct F/A ratio? Does the Cirrus SR22 accomplish this with the tuned induction IO550 combined with tuned exhaust?

How much does differing exhaust gas flow restriction affect the F/A ratio in each cylinder? If I tune the exhaust in my IO360 Skymaster by making some headers, how much will the tuned exhaust affect the F/A ratio for each cylinder? Will the 'GAMI spread' be enlarged? I wonder if I could tune the exhaust restrictions to make up for the intake flow inequalities and go back to stock injectors?

Is PRISM close to certification? How much will it reduce the BSFC?