Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Unread 10-17-02, 10:34 AM

Rickskymaster is an unknown quantity at this point
Nashville or TC

As I mentioned last night, I am all over TC becasue it is an easy "SEll" to the wife.
But I would be interested myself in Nashville since I have wanted to see Owen Bell's operation etc.
Half a vote for TC and half a vote for Nashville.
Quite frankly, I will go to either one.

Rick
N48AT
Unread 10-17-02, 04:30 PM
George M. Amthor, Jr.

GMAs is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up We have mail..... and a meeting room... and a place to park... and...

We got this back just a while ago... look good for May 2003....

Subject:
Re: May meeting of the Skymaster Club
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 12:34:25 -0700
"Diana Rankin" <DIANAR@mccarran.com>
To:
<gmas@inreach.com>

Dear G. Amthor:

North Las Vegas Airport would welcome your 337 Skymaster group to hold your meeting here. We do have a room w/ power connections for your PowerPoint
presentations, out of the main traffic stream, where you could hold your technical meeting (no charge). The room can hold up to 75 people. There is a
restaurant, in the terminal building, that can meet any catering needs you might have. We should be able to park all of your Skymasters in the same general area,
in the event you wanted to have a "beauty contest" or "show & tell".

The Texas Hotel & Gambling Hall, Budget Suites, and the Fiesta Hotel are all within a mile to a mile and a half from the airport. The only contact I have is Greg
Gibb at the Fiesta Hotel — 702-638-3647. The airport has a shuttle service, which will deliver you to your hotel, until 6:30 p.m. If you need to make later
arrangements, let us know and we'll try to help you.

Avis - 702-396-7785, Enterprise - 702-395-2244, and Hertz - 702-395-2207 Rent-a-Car all service the North Las Vegas Airport.

If you need any other information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Looking forward to hearing back from you,
Diana Rankin

>>> G <gmas@inreach.com> 10/16/02 2:09:04 PM >>>
Hi doing a little scoping around... for a location to hold our annual
meeting of the 337 Skymasters group... we usually have a technical
meeting as well as a social time. Is their a general meeting room at
the terminal that could be used to hold the meeting in... where we go
through technical issues... that is away from the main traffic... is
their cars to rent still at the field... and place to stay that is close
by which you could recommend... we expect to have about 15-25 aircraft
from all over the country attend with a average of 3 persons on board.
We would need a room with power to do a powerpoint presentation as well
as graphical material. Thanks for your time our website is

http://337skymaster.com/

If you would like to make a pitch to the club to attend at your field...
I will be more than happy to post it for you...

Thanks..

G.M. Amthor
Unread 10-18-02, 09:49 AM
Web Master

WebMaster is on a distinguished road
Wrong Site

you have www.skymaster.com, which is Bill Crews site. I'm sure Bill would appreciate having more people look at the skymasters he has for sale.

Our website is www.337skymaster.org

Are you promoting LV for May, or LV for October, and an Eastern meeting for May? If LV in May, that pretty much wipes out the chance of an Eastern meeting, unless we do it late fall.

Also, if you look at the www.mccarran.com website, you'll find that Jean Nevada has a 6000 sq foot meeting room available free for aviation related activities.
Unread 10-18-02, 11:34 AM
George M. Amthor, Jr.

Talking Opppsssss.... I thought I took it off the header.. hmmmm...

Ya that looks good.. but, its 15 miles south of LV... however it is more GA frendly and with 6000 ft of room... its bigger than the runway...

However we would have to fly to go to the BIG city... and thinking of the other half while were in the meeting..??? Oh what to do...!... I like yours better for the meeting but, I am sure the night life is going to be... Hmmmm... unless we have a pot luck dinner or bar-b-q... kinda thing... where we all can sit around and gas about flying and meet each other.. only problem is that we would have to do our own cleaning.. etc... unless we hire someone to do it... then it gets expensive again... and I am sure the gals will not want to have the food detail...

Ya May for LV... is what has been promoted... and even though its not in the middle.. its close to the middle and it does have lots of activities.... that others can do...

Of course their are other places like Salt Lake City... Denver it too high... for some flyers... and the attractions are sparse to say the least...

here is one place but, it again is difficult to get to.. http://www.durangotrain.com/

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KDRO

http://www.airnav.com/airport/00C

KDRO would be best because it has a longer runway for the non-turboed planes... as they will take about 4000 on a good day... smile...

So if your into trains etc... this is the palace... and it might be more in the middle of the country thing...

Still looking at others that have suggested places... also got a reply back from Pilot Getaways... editor... and he has several suggestions.. but, also wants to know when were going.. because he would like to tag along and do a article kinda thing... Megs has also expressed a intrest in coming along also to do a picture story about how "FUN" it is to use the plane again... to travel and meet with others.. I told her that we were meeting in July... ops.. guess I made a mistake.. huh...
G.M> GMAs
Unread 10-18-02, 12:19 PM
Web Master

WebMaster is on a distinguished road
John Wayne

Like John Wayne said, once, "We're burning daylight". Pick a date, lets get the show on the road.
Unread 10-18-02, 06:55 PM
Administrator

Ernie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
GMAs:

Could you please tell us your intentions regarding meetings?

In the past several days I've written 3 messages asking you whether the LV meeting is in the Fall of 2003, so that we can have an Eastern meeting in the Spring, and asking you if you would attend the Eatern meeting. No direct response from you to this question. Instead, there is a suggestion in your messages (as Larry points out above in his message entitled "Wrong Site") that you are promoting LV for May, which "pretty much wipes out the chance of an Eastern meeting" in the Spring.

Look, let's call a spade a spade. We'd like YOU to be at BOTH meetings. So we'd like a CLEAR indications on your preferences. If you really want the LV meeting in May and will later go (or not go)to an Eastern meeting in Fall 2003 (which is the opposite of what some of us wanted), just tell us. If you have a preference for Nashville over TC, just say so.

Bunch of us here would like to make plans. Like Larry's quote from John Wayne: "We're burning daylight".

Ernie
Unread 10-18-02, 07:46 PM
George M. Amthor, Jr.

Hmmmm..... 2002, 2003 schedule

Ernie... I think up about two or three we said that it appears that the meeting is going to be in central west, according to the votes... in May... as a date is not set as yet...

someone else came in and said that they wanted it at TC again... but, someone else said that they wondered why we took the time to vote if it was going to be held back on the east coast, TC, again...

Now to me TC is not what was voted on... thus the reason we had the poll in the first place...

Then someone said well lets have two meetings one for the eastern people and one for the western people...and that I would have to attend both...

Then the dates got all mixed up again.. and someone said May for TC or east coast and Fall for the west...

I am kinda still thinking about everything.. and emails start showing up... about places... put out a few things as to where it would be the most exciting time for all... thus LV came into its own.... with Drango being the second best place...

As far as I was asked... I have not... I read your thread about putting one on in Nashvill or again back east... and think it was a good jester but again the group said that they voted for someplace that everyone would be able to go to.. and not just in someones back yard... kinda thing...

As to attending both... I am sorry to say... I don't have that much time to be able to... so its going to have to be just one place... as I have to take time off to make it to the place as well as put togeather some sort of infomation presentation that would be fitting to the group... sure I could stand up their and wave my arms around.. and talk for an hour or so.. but, it left most in the dust so to speak at the last meeting... I had the understanding that they had equipment and facilities to hold the meeting at.. and was un-prepaired to what we found... I had info that I had brought which should have been copied for each person... but, without a copier... well.. and the presentation was on computer for the rest of the subject items... that took a couple of weekends to put togeather... but, because we didn't have a projector... it would have been a little hard to see on the lap tops screen... for all... I hoped that we did the best we could for the conditions that their were... and I think it did come off good but, it could have been better... and the group could have gone away with more info had it been better... I also would have liked to have held one session out at the plane... but, because it is not allowed in their country.. i.e removing screws... it again made it difficult to have show and tell...

Then their was the airlines and the homeland security of things... smile... we won't go into that... as it was a ugly sight... smile...

So to make the trip twice... is not going to happen at this time... as I can't be away from work that long... and attention has to be directed to other things in life...

I am sure that Bob has a great agnda... with the touring of the islands and all... down at TC but, their are others who want info... after all that is what they came for... while others want social... that is what they came for... and I frankly don't know much about either...

So I keep reading... and trying to help put something togeather... as others are saying its what we voted on or nothing... and I have written them saying that we had it last year on the east coast... why not this year have it on the west... but, it seems like the middle is a happy ground for all... kinda thing... so we are going with that...

Hope this answers your questions... as I feel privldged to be at any meeting as a speaker... for you guys and gals.. but, I won't be able to make two or three... their is just not enough time.. sorry... G.M. GMAs
Unread 10-20-02, 05:59 PM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
Lost Wages or Bust?

I THINK LAS VEGAS IS A FINE IDEA. IF THIS MAKES A BETTER, MORE PARTICIPATION TURN OUT THEN LET'S DO IT. NORTH LV AIRPORT HAS OPENED THE INVITE, LET'S TAKE THEM UP ON IT. IF WE WENT TO JEAN, WE COULD HAVE LESS DISTRACTIONS UNTIL AFTER THE MEETING AND THEN MOVE TO THE CITY. ALTHOUGH, IF THE GIRLS GO THEY MAY BE BETTER AND CLOSER TO THE FUN, WHILE WE ARE AT THE SEMINAR, FOR THEM FROM NORTH LV. LET'S JUST PICK THE DATE AND GET STARTED ON THE PLANS.

THIS AREA IS IN MY OLD STOMPING GROUNDS. I MAY BE ABLE TO ARRANGE A NICE BAR-B-QUE FOR ALL TO ENJOY AT THE AIRPORT.

LAS VEGAS IS A POPULAR DESTINATION FOR ALL. GOOD WEATHER, GRAND CANYON SITE SEEING.

HERE IS A LINK TO A SHOW THAT IS HAPPENING ON MAY 13-15. IT'S THE AVIATION SERVICES AND SUPPLIERS SUPER SHOW. DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS OF INTEREST OR NOT. IT SAYS:

AS3 is an event leader for aviation maintenance technicians and is a key source for aviation maintenance training and education. Nearly 450 exhibitors display their products and services annually at the show on more than 40,000 net square feet of space showcasing aircraft interiors and accessories, maintenance parts and supplies, fueling, ground support, training and avionics.

http://www.as3.com/

MIGHT BE INTERESTING TO ATTEND. IT DOES GIVE US A REASON TO PICK A DATE.

MOTION:
"I MOVE WE HAVE THE 2003 SPRING 336/337/0-2 FLY IN ON FRIDAY MAY 16, 2003 IN LAS VEGAS, NV." DO I HAVE A SECOND?

DISCUSSION:
WE COULD ALL MEET ON THURSDAY MAY 15 AT THE NORTH LV AIRPORT AND ATTEND FUNCTIONS OF CHOICE AND BBQUE THURSDAY NIGHT, RECEPTION, ETC. THEN THE MEETINGS START ON FRIDAY. THE WEEKEND IS OPEN FOR FUN!
Unread 10-20-02, 09:58 PM
George M. Amthor, Jr.

I like that......... :))

Hey... I knew someone would pick up on the sumposium... with all the great go lookie... honey we could get this and that for the plane.. as well as the mechanics would be their... for their thing... FAA will be their also...

BBQ... meeting ... weekend touring.. .. yep I like that... just don't let your wife let you take the prop off the plane and put it on the gambling table... actually saw that one time... and the guy got to walk home... ....

Now as far as Jean goes... it would be cheeper and we could fly from their to NLV... but, I think once down... best to be in the hotel... kinda thing.. but, I do like the show and tell and being out on the ramp.. for a look see even a best looking plane thing... but, hey they all look good...

But,... it not up to me.. its the rest of the group.. how do they feel about having it their... come on now lets hear from the rest too... G.m> GMAs
Unread 10-20-02, 10:12 PM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
OK, SOMEONE STEP UP TO THE PLATE AND GIVE ME MY SECOND!
THEN COMES THE DISCUSSION. BUT DON'T WAIT TO LONG TO MAKE THE RESERVATIONS.
Unread 10-21-02, 12:11 AM
George M. Amthor, Jr.

Thumbs up Oh.. I second it... but,.....

wait till someone finds out that cessna and cont engine reps are going to be their too... )

the real thing is how many planes are going to fly their... skyking... you coming with your plane.. kevin... you coming too... Bob.. you going to come... ?? ya the reservations are going to be the thing... we need to decide if we want to stay on the strip... or at NLV... close to the field...

Also... their are discounts for the mechanics and like... so if we do.. we will pass out the magic numbers etc...

and the people from Getaways and GANN are also wanting to do a story on us at the meeting... I have explaned that so long as they don't interfear with the goings on... it would be great... we'll see.. what happens...

the ball is in the air... who is next...

G.M>GMAs
Unread 10-21-02, 12:08 PM
George M. Amthor, Jr.

Post And we got this.....

G M...
The weather is always good in Las Vegas; sometimes it just a little warmer than others :-) We have some ramp re-working to do and it will probably be underway
in May when you are planning to be here. If you will give me a contact name and number, I will call you in a couple of weeks, when I hopefully know a little
more information than I do today, and we'll do our best to work things out so we can accommodate your fly-in on the dates you want.
Diana

10/19/02 11:41:19 AM >>>
thanks Diana... for the reply.. I think I made a mistake in the groups web address though... it should be .org instead of .com.. smile... thanks again I posted the
notice on the web and it is being considered as to the date ... it look like May is a good time... how is the weather over their then?... and is their any large group
or events planed during may... thanks again for all.. G.M>

Hmmmmmm.... I think we have a new friend for our meeting... smile.. thanks Diana for the info... G.M>GMAs
Unread 10-24-02, 09:21 PM
TAS (Thin Air Seeker)

Jerry De Santis is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Nashville Meeting

Well folks, it appears our tech advisor has left the board and I know I will miss his expert advise. George has always given his best advise with the best of intentions to keep our planes flying safely. Never-the-less, life goes on and we can all still achieve that goad by helping each other by informing those needing help on a particular problem how we solved the problem with our own Skymasters. The more input we get the better we will be in knowing how to take care of these planes. Having said that, I am still willing to host a meeting in Nashville, Tn. this coming spring. I figure a good round table discussion with a specific agenda can help us all. Yes! we can combine it with off-meeting fun too! Say dinner on the General Jackson etc. If enough people are interested, I will ask my IA if he would come and assist with problem solving. I am sure if we paid his hotel room and meals he will join us. By the way, he is very experienced and has total maint. control over my plane. He does a great job. All who are interested in this meeting please let the rest of us know via this board. In addition, please send me an e-mail at:

gdesantis@jetech.com

Cheers to all!
Jerry
N34EC
Unread 10-25-02, 06:03 PM
Administrator

Ernie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
Jerry:

Been away a week in the Bahamas. Missed all the fireworks. Count me in for Nashville.

Ernie
Unread 10-26-02, 09:59 AM
Owner 337H N337DC

Dale Campbell is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Nashville

Count me in. Dale Campbell