Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 07-13-10, 11:15 AM

K337A is on a distinguished road
Couple of Questions...

I'm replacing the side windows in my plane (A model). After looking at the emergency exit window a few questions. Do all the the rivets require removal to release the window ? Does this window use the standard rubber seating gasket as the others use? The service and parts manual isn't very clear. I have included a picture posted by Herb when he replaced his windows. Can not really tell if the complete frame was drilled out for removal. I have noted that window installation call out for later models states gluing the window into the frame (outer) after gasket installation. Can the Presstite (sp) putty be used as the service manual depicts with good results? I ask because have dealt with the PRC headache when a replacement has to be done in the future. Also has anyone by chance replaced the Dukes Boost pumps #1440-00-15 with the Weldon unit #18000-B in D and prior models? The STC allows later models (E and later) but lacks the early model designation. Does anyone happen to know why? I will call if someone hasn't checked already. Thank you for the help.

http://www.337skymaster.com/messages...1&d=1234707576

http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory...A?OpenDocument

Last edited by K337A : 07-13-10 at 01:12 PM.
Unread 07-13-10, 09:02 PM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
Yes there is a seal it is the link below. You have to buy 25 feet min. I might still have some but I would have to dig. The seal is for external frame to fuselage, not for window to frame.

http://www.cessnaparts.com/search.cfm

No, I did not remove all the rivets. As you can see in the photo, the bottom of photo shows the rivets still painted original. I was able to slide out the old window and slide in the new. I did not seal with anything until the window was installed and after new paint was applied. Then the Pro Seal was used around the exterior of the window where it meets the frame. The only way to seal your windows, all the windows. Especially if you are going to paint because then the paint can be applied to the very edge of the frame with no sealant mucking things up. Done right it looks like Gulfstream Jet quality. I also sealed around the fuselage frame to try to keep things dry and draft free inside. See photos, then ask questions.

The interior window requires the grey channel rubber gasket. I have resealed this E Window twice now and it still leaks a little when flying in precip. Pain in the A__. Still this E Window is not as difficult to change as the Door Window. :0
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2JF E frame seal.jpg
Views:	895
Size:	243.8 KB
ID:	1149   Click image for larger version

Name:	2JF Pro seal tape.jpg
Views:	887
Size:	210.0 KB
ID:	1150   Click image for larger version

Name:	2JF Pro seal finish.jpg
Views:	869
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	1151  

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years
Unread 07-14-10, 02:51 PM

K337A is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the information Herb. Have started the removal. I have contacted CJ and they do not have a answer concerning the Weldon for Dukes pump switch. Looks like the A,B,C,D model is stuck with the O/H Dukes. The Weldon looks like a nice pump for a lower price.