Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 04-29-09, 11:06 PM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
Dale video is like TV, don't believe anything you see :-)

My take off roll is about 900 ft. I was by myself, 1/2 fuel, 12-15 knots in front of me so I leaped off pretty quick but the video does not show the roll very well, it's more than you see.

Amazingly there is no glare. In fact I have the outside lights as taxi and the inside as landing. The taxi lights are pointed down and the landing lights shoot straight out. If you watch the video you can see that in the pattern I have just the landing lights alternating with the Max Pulse and then on final I turn on the taxi lights. When the taxi lights come on you almost can't see the flashing landing lights (taxi lights are non-pulse). When I did my takeoff on the video I tried to just use the landing lights pulsing but they did not provide enough light on the runway and I turned on the taxi lights. I did not change my landing / taxi beams, they are still the original GE's (standard bulbs). By using LED on the tail and the wing tips (PMA/TSO'd) I have reduced my amp load. I replaced the strobe power pack from an old 2 output to the newest PMA'd triple output and it also uses less amperage. So now I have 4 strobes and LED and reduced the amp load. With the Max Pulse on the landing lights and because the elements in the beams are energized for such a short time they actually will last longer.

In the video you can see the landing / taxi lights from behind but it is not noticeable in the cabin. Come on down to Branson and we can go for a ride.

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years
Unread 04-30-09, 09:05 AM
Owner 337H N337DC

Dale Campbell is an unknown quantity at this point
New Lights

Hi Herb,
You mession you changed to LED on tail. Did you change the light sockets or do the new LED lights use the old sockets. Dale
Unread 04-30-09, 11:12 PM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
Dale
It is a whole new unit. Remove the old beacon and the power supply.

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...nledlights.php

Not sure if this is the exact replacement for 337 but the Whelen web site has the PMA list.
The amp draw is like 0.6 amps for the whole unit.

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years