Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: In what region shall we hold our next meeting? (You may vote for any or all regions)
Northeastern U.S. 6 16.67%
Southeastern U.S. 7 19.44%
Central U.S. 11 30.56%
Northwestern U.S. 9 25.00%
Southwestern U.S. 8 22.22%
Bahamas/Carribbean 8 22.22%
Mexico 4 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 09-07-02, 03:33 PM
N69S

Bob Cook is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re Next meeting

TCAY Meeting.

Based on conversation with other owners, it appears Treasure Cay is of interest for next year. I am trying to confirm the bill fishing tournament so we can squeeze in before then.

We have a couple of options for accomodations so we could all be closer together.

Side trip

As a side interest it has been suggested that we set up a side trip prior to the meeting. I am working on a group possibility where a number of aircraft leave on Saturday and Rendevous on Sunday morning at KFPR. Fly to the Keys for lunch, refuel and head for Grand Cayman. Spend Monday in Grand Cayman. Tuesday morning head for Turks and Cacos. Wednesday, Harbour Island Eluthra. Thursday, Nassau, and Friday morning Treasure Cay. I can get some reasoneable rates at the Atlantis hotel.

http://www.maps-of-mexico.com/world-.../bahamas.shtml

http://www.caymanislands.ky/

There is a town with an airport called "HELL". We can fly there so you can tell everyone you have been to "Hell and Back". <G>

Meeting........

Friday Rendezvous / cocktail party for those people from the cockpits.. (at a place without cockroaches).
Saturday Meeting. / dinner in evening. (outdoor texas barbque with steak and lobster). Even a masquite wood Arkansas smoker barbque on wheels.

Sunday Depart for KFPR in afternoon. (We Now have night lighting in TC).

Monday departure for others is optional.

Comments

If there is enough interest or suggestions for other locations let me know. I can provide you with a mileage/trip analysis. I have someone at the Tourist board who is willing to obtain the best rates and find some sponsors for either dinner or side trips. This requires more than 10 aircraft to get them involved at this level.

Think you would find this an exciting trip. Turks and Cacos is a gorgeous place. There will be two overflys of Cuban airspace.

You have my email and I will put a list together. We are looking at same time same place next year.

The island trip would be optional of course. I am willing to do the organizational aspects if there is some interest.

As to other locations, I have stayed on the Queen Mary and it sucks at best. Now the spruce goose has gone there is little left other than a bungie jumping ride next to the wharf.

I am open to any location but I would sooner pick some exotic location (mexico perhaps) rather than race to Xenia Ohio..... If you know where that is.

GMAS, been to SAC and other than Lake Tahoe I can't get very excited............... Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Bob