View Single Post
Unread 03-16-10, 10:26 AM

N5ZX is on a distinguished road
Thanks, Herb.

We're awfully proud of "X-Ray"

She's truely an AWSOME airplane.

I'm merely an ADEQUATE pilot.

Hopefully the forgiving nature of the SkyMaster breed will help me hone my skills enough to put her capabilities to better use.

Regrettably, we wont be at Sun-n-fun this year. My boss has me tasked out on other projects that week ( ). Besides, I would be a bit embarrassed to show up right now. It'd be like the new kid on the block showing up to the neighborhoos sand-lot with all the shiney new gear his parents could find in some catalog...and no clue what to do with it.

Next year I'll be able to participate much more competently. I am VERY eager to meet everyone.

For now.... I'll just practice in my back yard and try to figure out the gear horn issue. Oh-joy. And I'll occasionally share some of my upgrade observations so that others considering similar changes might be able to avoid some of the pot-holes I seem to have a uncanny nack for finding.

As for engine overhauls: Yeah, I know that compression and consumption should determine overhauls, not the hobbs meter. But the boss wanted it done. If I had resisted his demands and later had a mag stumble en route, I'd never hear the end of it.

I try to pick my battles carefully.

Cole